The Newbie Tournaments

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ST,

LOL!!!

What have you done to all us poor newbies Ted? This has turned into complete carnage and absolute mayhem. All order is lost and it's rapidly developed into a free for all. I seriously don't know who's on top, me or Vadr's Jester. Although i do feel it's still me!

Thanks SuperTed, wonderful introduction.

:mad:

Vader's Jester,

Hey man, I think the problems are on your end. Late night server shutdown or something. And no, all those messages had text, i don't know why they aren't going through to you. Might just have to resume in the morning, sorry! I know, what a horrible time to get paused. Ack! :mad: Still haven't got 19toyou. Send it again tomorrow, although i have a feeling i'm gonna get up to about 15 of them in my inbox. Looking forward to the end!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>All that sneaking around just paid off! I just raped one of my opponent's platoons! <hr></blockquote>

<radio>

Lieutenant, your orders are to take the town, kill the men and rape the women.

...and fer Gawd's sake Lieutenant, get it right this time....

</radio>

i know that you envisioned an intense battle on this one ted, but walker and i have yet to fire a shot! however, this is one of those battles where every turn you hold your breath waiting for something to happen. because as we saw above, when something does happen, it usually involves an entire platoon disapearing! :eek:

my men has stopped looking, made a campfire, and invited him over for roasted marshmellows in this cold weather. walkers men were not kind enough to come and join us. so we have resumed the search!

BTW, just incase anyone was wondering, the sight range at night with fog is 50m. its hard to gather intelligense when you spend the entire 20 turns looking for your sergeant!

chad 'harrison'

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Vader's Jester,

Might just have to resume in the morning, sorry! I know, what a horrible time to get paused. Ack! :mad: Still haven't got 19toyou. Send it again tomorrow, although i have a feeling i'm gonna get up to about 15 of them in my inbox. Looking forward to the end!<hr></blockquote>

I reposted to your regular e-mail address. If I haven't heard from you in and hour, I'll try posting to your hotmail again.

"I have great faith in the boy. He's a credit to your race; but, me thinks me is going to win."

"What makes you think that?"

"I ALWAYS win!" :D

Well, Zitadelle and I have had an interesting one so far. . . only into turn 4 right now, and I don't want to give anything away, but there's at least one incident so far that I think will pop a few eyeballs, even among the more experienced members of this board. :eek: I'll be interested to get some of the oldtimers' perspective on it. . .

I'll post details as soon as everyone is done with battle 1. . .

Yeah, YankeeDog is correct. An early surprise in our battle. Intell has it that there are quite a few dead deer in the woods; some with Sten SMGs and others with MP40s. The AARs for this battle will be great reading!

For all the Newbie Rejects- hurry up and get your questionaires into SuperTed. This battle is really worth it!

This Harrison-Walker non-battle reminds me of Jutland, where I was second gunner's mate on HMS Black Prince and we spent the whole night searching for the German fleet and ended up crossing its T at the wrong end in complete darkness and both sides claimed victory after the 'battle'.

:D

Chris Walker, still determined to locate a Pole.