The Newbie Tournaments

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Hey SuperTed,

After the tournament will we officially get to shed the title of newbie? Is that the grand prize?

:D

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]<hr></blockquote>

Lord D,

That depends how long you last... ;)

ST

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> That depends how long you last...

<hr></blockquote>

hopefully be around for a bit!!! we have moved a few turns in so far, very very quiet. except for all the polish my men keep yelling! don't understand a word they are saying! LOL. checking email! gotta get back to the next turn!

:cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Here are the match-ups for the first leg of Round 1:

The first leg of Round 1 officially starts December 8 and ends at 12:00 pm (GMT -6:00) on December 31. If it's done sooner, that's a good thing. ;)

Good luck!

<hr></blockquote>

SuperTed has clearly never played Peng or Shaw. Three weeks to play a PBEM? It would kill either one of them to move that fast.

Come to think of it, though, I'm not much better...

Thanks for putting this on ST. I have been wanting to get my cyber feet wet for a while now, and I knew CM was the game to do it with.

This is really fun! The slaughter will resume tomorrow.

BTW: Will each round's two battles increase in scale? Meaning will it go from tiny to small to medium? (Assuming I survive that long)

Oh, and thanks for the extra platoon of Panthers. I knew that case of Scotch made it to you in time. tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

ST

hopefully be around for a bit!!! we have moved a few turns in so far, very very quiet. except for all the polish my men keep yelling! don't understand a word they are saying! LOL. checking email! gotta get back to the next turn!

:cool: <hr></blockquote>

Lord D,

You really don't want to know. Trust me... ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

SuperTed has clearly never played Peng or Shaw. Three weeks to play a PBEM? It would kill either one of them to move that fast.

Come to think of it, though, I'm not much better...<hr></blockquote>

Seanachai,

They're all small battles. Also, one of them was completed in less than 24 hours!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Thanks for putting this on ST. I have been wanting to get my cyber feet wet for a while now, and I knew CM was the game to do it with.

This is really fun! The slaughter will resume tomorrow...

<hr></blockquote>

VJ,

Glad to have you aboard.

...BTW: Will each round's two battles increase in scale? Meaning will it go from tiny to small to medium? (Assuming I survive that long)...

<hr></blockquote>

The first three rounds will include scenarios that all fall into the "Small" category. For the championship round, the scenarios will jump no higher than "Medium." We want to be done in time for CMBB. smile.gif

Oh, and thanks for the extra platoon of Panthers. I knew that case of Scotch made it to you in time. tongue.gif

<hr></blockquote>

There's nothing better than Scotch! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

Ted: In case your not reading your email - you have missed putting me into a player bracket, I thought I had responded fast enough to get into this. Can you please let me know what happened?

Thanks

SUG :confused: <hr></blockquote>

SUG,

My apologies for the confusion. I never received the questionnaire. I have sent another one for you if you are interested in getting into the Newbie Rejects Tournament.

Sorry, man. :(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

There's nothing better than Scotch! :D <hr></blockquote>

With one exception.

The Peng Challenge Thread is better than Scotch.

Or perhaps that's 'better with Scotch'.

I see a few of the Newbies are already attempting to 'taunt' each other, although the efforts thus far have been...well, pitiable. Still, it's so good to see new blood leaking slowly into the scuppers. Carry on.

..Or perhaps that's 'better with Scotch'...

<hr></blockquote>

Seanachai,

Everything is better with Scotch! :D

...I see a few of the Newbies are already attempting to 'taunt' each other, although the efforts thus far have been...well, pitiable. Still, it's so good to see new blood leaking slowly into the scuppers. Carry on.

<hr></blockquote>

Remember when you first started? It went something like this:

"You're a jerk!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"I'm tellin' Mom!"

*Sigh*

Yes, those were the days. ;)