The Newbie Tournaments

Announcing the Combat Mission Newbie Tournaments!

“One will win all; the rest will lose one.”

This is where the Newbies come to play!

There are three Sub-Tournaments: The SuperNewbie Knock-Out Tournament, where players with no prior multiplayer experience duke it out; The Garden Variety (GV) Knock-Out Tournament, where players with limited prior multiplayer experience have a go at it; and The Newbie Rejects (NR) Knock-Out Tournament, where players with "issues" scratch and claw at each other. ;)

The participants for The SuperNewbie Knock-Out Tournament are:

pmet

Lord Dragon

Humus B. Chittenbee

Witko

Pfc. Dunsel

Zitadelle

El Griz

Toran29

DL

Vader’s Jester

Austin Bowie

YankeeDog

Dave H

Dan Buttar

SPLASH

Dize

Hobo (alternate)

DD_Rob (alternate)

Dinga (alternate)

funnyman (alternate)

The participants for The Garden Variety (GV) Newbie Knock-Out Tournament are:

vadr

Chad ‘Harrison’

Leta

Ligur

Hawk

Walker

Stormhouse

Von Viniga

Jim Liang

Chasd

Commander

Rucrazee

Dfgardner

White4

Major Catastrophe

Erik Alkema

Darknight_Canuck (alternate)

Bad Monkey! (alternate)

Armdchair (alternate)

Haohmaru (alternate)

The participants for The Newbie Rejects (NR) Knock-Out Tournament are:

Flammenwerfer

Bobbaro

mortar

Bruce Bowes

CombatGeneral

Asler

Silvio Manuel

voidhawk

Bog

icedog42

Sir Uber General

RedBastard

Donkey Hotay

Newlife

Vitalis

Garulfo

DStone (alternate)

DeafRei (alternate)

Andrewgy (alternate)

f1shlips (alternate)

If anybody is interested in following the progress of the tournaments, vadr has set up some online tournament brackets. To see what's happening, go here.

Enjoy!

Good luck to all!

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get at it, boys and girls!!!

My artillery is targeting my own rifle company already! My tanks are refitted with the infamous level "80%" armor! They are out of tungsten rounds and all the other "souped-up" ammo! My infantry lost its HQ from Blue-on-Blue shelling! I'm ready to rawk j00!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

Lets get at it, boys and girls!!!

My artillery is targeting my own rifle company already! My tanks are refitted with the infamous level "80%" armor! They are out of tungsten rounds and all the other "souped-up" ammo! My infantry lost its HQ from Blue-on-Blue shelling! I'm ready to rawk j00!<hr></blockquote>

Well, my P-47s are carry'n Mavricks and Hellfires, and the B-29s are on the way to clear the map with A-Bombs!

Now for some pengish feelgood sensations to tighten up our friendly group of vigorous gamers:

vadr - Phear my FF artillery

Chad ‘Harrison’ - My suicide rifleteam will rout j00

Leta - Fear the 120mm mortars that hit the foxhole where my own FO is trying to count ranges

Ligur - You suck! Wait no, thats me... Anyway, you suck!

Hawk - I'm setting up an infantry company to assault your heavy SMG squads from a close range! Without support!

Walker - My Sherman tanks have an armor rating of 20%

Stormhouse - I only use Fallschirmjaegers when on assault! I am gamey!!!

Von Viniga - Phear my suicidal "Panzer Convoy" tactic, its so efficient its like a secre super move from WWF wrestling!

Jim Liang - UR DEAD

Chasd - I hope I don't have to play you. If I do, I'll buy off SuperTed (with chocolate) so I can get 30 Wasp flame tanks and light the map on FIRE!

Commander - I will crush you with my command chain of all-dead HQ units In The Open!

Rucrazee - You have no chance against my Sherman Jumbo / Pershing /Flamer combo with 240mm arty that shoots off the map and hits the car-repair of my aunt Jenny!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

Chad ‘Harrison’ - My suicide rifleteam will rout j00<hr></blockquote>

you obviously havnt seen my men fight before!! LoL!

looking forward to getting this started! good luck to one and all! and see you all on the battlefield where talk turns to action.

Chad 'Harrison'

Here are the match-ups for the first leg of Round 1:

SuperNewbies

Pmet vs. El Griz

Toran29 (56) vs. Witko (43)

Dave H (52) vs. Dan Buttar (48)

Pfc. Dunsel (41) vs. SPLASH (59)

Zitadelle (43) vs. YankeeDog (56)

Humus B. Chittenbee vs. DL

Vader's Jester (106) vs. Lord Dragon (94)

Austin Bowie vs. Dize

Alternates-

Hobo vs. DD_Rob

Dinga vs. Funnyman

GV Newbies

Eric Alkema vs. Major Catastrophe

Rucrazee (98) vs. Stormhouse (102)

Chasd vs. Jim Liang

Ligur (52) vs. Vadr (48)

Von Viniga vs. White4

Leta (125) vs. Commander (75)

Dfgardner (25) vs. Hawk (75)

Walker (48) vs. Chad 'Harrison' (52)

Alternates-

Darknight_Canuck vs. Bad Monkey!

Armdchair vs. Haohmaru

Newbie Rejects

Sir Uber General (93) vs. icedog42 (107)

RedBastard (46) vs. mortar (54)

Vitalis vs. Bobbaro

voidhawk (55) vs. ASLer (45)

CombatGeneral vs. Garulfo

Silvio Manuel (54) vs. Flammenwerfer (46)

Bog (34) vs. Newlife (66)

Bruce Bowes vs. Donkey Hotay

Alternates-

DStone vs. DeafRei

Andrewgy vs. f1shlips

Loser Pile tongue.gif

Lord Dragon

Commander

Rucrazee

Sir Uber General

Scenarios Available for Exhibition Play

Medium Rare

The first leg of Round 1 officially starts December 8 and ends at 12:00 pm (GMT -6:00) on December 31. If it's done sooner, that's a good thing. ;)

Good luck!

Note: scores in bold indicate the final tally for the round. If the score is not bold then it includes only the first of two scores.

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

Oh my! I know who's a very busy man these days. It's lookin' good SuperTed. Once you get 'em going you'll be able to take a breather.

I think you have a great bunch of newbies here. It will be fun to follow. I still think you should make a scenario called, "Nebelwerfers at Night". ;)

Treeburst155 out.

here we go!

and for those of you who may be curious as to what 'Blind Mans Bluff' is, heres a brief *non tactic* description.

its based after the high mark of the bulge, so late dec 1944. allies were attacking germans, ect ect. polish paratroopers got too far forward, and now need to work their way back to friendlier faces. simple, except they have to go through germans to get there.

the germans on the other hand are going to other way, trying to escape. so they are going to shake hands and agree to let each other pass by right? smile.gif

why is it called 'Blind Mans Bluff'? thats because all this is going to happen at night, with fog.

ill be fielding the polish in this one. shoot, ill have to go get my polish-english dictionary! best of luck to my opponet walker! it looks to be a good battle!

chad 'harrison'

Chad Harrison said:

'Best of luck to my opponent walker'

I wonder:

'Is this the CM equivalent of the kiss of death?'

One other good thing about being in this tourament, though: I might just manage to get promoted from Junior Member!

And thanks Ted for making it happen. And good luck (but not too much smile.gif ) to my illustrious opponent Chad Harrison too!

Chris Walker

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by El Griz:

Well, I'll be the first SuperNewbie to ask a dumb question: how do I contact my opponent? I have a feeling there is an easy answer to this question that I'm just not getting...

Thanks again, SuperTed...

Scott<hr></blockquote>

Scott,

I sent an email to all the pairs of players. If you "reply all" to that (and remove my email address), you should be left with pmet's email address. If you need further help, feel free to email ( tedquincey@yahoo.com ).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Commander:

Night and fog ehhh? Thats tough. I just recently played Herr Kruger in a foggy night battle. LOS is 50 meters at best. Real tight in-close fighting!! This should be fun.<hr></blockquote>

Commander,

I suspect your soldiers will disagree with you. ;)