TacOps4 Is Not Copyprotected

The digital download purchase version of TacOps4 is not copy protected. Neither is the CDROM purchase version.

The digital download version of TacOps4 does not use eLicensing, activation, or any other form of copy protection. Neither does the CDROM purchase version.

The TacOps4 digital customer ends up with an unprotected version of the game that can be burned to a personal backup CD with no additional "after purchase" installation password required, nor online checks nor activation.

There is no Internet activation, no disk protection, no serial number, no passwords, no network checks, and the CD does not need to be inserted in order to play ... nada, zip, nothing. Also, there is no Internet registration BS at the end of the install.

Not copy protected.

No Internet activation requirement.

Never phones home.

Cooperates with other running programs.

Does not install spyware.

Does not require CD insertion to play.

Does not search your personal LAN to see how many copies you are using.

Clear enuf?

There is a number or key that is required to do the initial download immediately after purchase. But there should be no number or key required thereafter (during installation). Perhaps you are confusing the download process with the subsequent installation process?

Please double check that by reinstalling the downloaded copy of TacOps that you bought and get back to me. Please also info majorh@satx.rr.com.

• 5 months later...

Hi, my periodic check of the Battlefront forums, don't know if the bump is for me to respond or not. Thought I replied to your email back when. Anyhow, after reinstalling I found no number was required. Very small possibility it was the first installation time and since it had been installed previously it was no longer. That has happened with other games. However, I'll take your word I mixed up the download key. Next time I reformat my hard drive I'll pay attention and if I find that requirement I'll let you know.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just bought cmsf which I think ties in nicely with tacops so I'm looking over the forum. Saw this thread again and thought I'd comment because I had a question about it last year and it wasn't totally resolved in my mind. Anyway I bought a new hard drive a month ago and installed tacops and there was no call for a number whatsoever. So whatever that thing was before it was my mistake. Too bad bfc doesn't have your philosophy regarding protection. Cmsf uses the elicense scheme.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, I played this game back When I was a spc4 armored recon (M3 Brad) in Ft Hood! I think it was ver1. Man Back when I first heard about it in Computer games and Strat, I love what you where trying to do. ! I had lost track of it way back then and started on rts. I just found you again! As soon as I get home (otr trucker) I'm DL'ing this! Man Maj I hope your doing fine! I'm glad I found you again.... ver4! whew... I missed a lot! Late to the party but here none the less. Dam I missed you Sir!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Lack of copy protection was one of the main reasons why I finally decided to buy TacOps. When I wanted to buy it a years ago, I saw the Battlefront store and I saw their weird elicense stuff and I resigned. Only a year ago someone told me that Tacops doesn't have it, so I finally bought it a few months later.

• 10 years later...

Maj H, are you still around?   God bless you and Thank You again, where-ever you are, Heaven or Earth!

I continue to enjoy the version 1.0.3 (upgraded to 1.0.4+) you gave me (I used to maintain Ft. Polk's Battle Simulation Centers) and it was my privilege to invite, then host BNs using our BBS (Brigade/Battalion Simulation System) Building.   Great training per the Infantry Commanders (for what it was intended for). 

Your program is available on Abandonware - did/do you approve?   I truly HOPE SO, as I'd love to see folks continue your GREAT (more than a) Game, one of your legacies which aided US Military, government civilians, US Contractors, and the public.    It's still good game play (and 2000's era tactics & tutorial).