PBEM NZ'ers challenge

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lucky when the patch comes out make ya self free one night, im gonna connect to u and kick ya ass!!!!!!! smile.gif

If u are a newbie and have any questions dont hesitate to ask any of us.

I have some good PBM examples i can send u to if u want to see good positions etc.

Id be real keen to link up to u and anyone else in NZ. Im in Hammy so one night lets get it on.

Any other kiwi's out there still hiding?

Me mate Tripps has the game as well hell be keen to play u all some time, hes just getting into it, but hes a know all about WWII so he pretty good in that department.

The beta patch of TCP/IPX is out soon im gonna link with that to help test for bugs.

So if any ones uses the beta feel free to link with me.

Also a freebie to those who used to play it Tanarus is free from October 15 i think.

Its a funny tank game, just thought some of u who may have payed to play it might want a quck bash for free. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STRAKER:

Hey Lucky when the patch comes out make ya self free one night, im gonna connect to u and kick ya ass!!!!!!! smile.gif

If u are a newbie and have any questions dont hesitate to ask any of us.

I have some good PBM examples i can send u to if u want to see good positions etc.

Id be real keen to link up to u and anyone else in NZ. Im in Hammy so one night lets get it on.

Any other kiwi's out there still hiding?

Me mate Tripps has the game as well hell be keen to play u all some time, hes just getting into it, but hes a know all about WWII so he pretty good in that department.

The beta patch of TCP/IPX is out soon im gonna link with that to help test for bugs.

So if any ones uses the beta feel free to link with me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Straker that sounds great...I can get my butt kicked way faster over TCP/IP also smile.gif If you have any examples I'd be keen to see 'em...looks like there is quite an active NZ CM community.

KiwiJoe: If I don't hear from you I'll mail you in a while, once you have chainsawed your way through your current batch of victims smile.gif

Cheers,

Lee

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Ohhh i have to meantion I'm playing Jazza at the mo... and he finally took 1 of the 4 flags on the 32 2nd round and its 69:31 to me with 8 rounds to go.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smart ass tongue.gifbiggrin.gif ,This is my first pbem,so i look at it as a learning curve.I would like a rematch though, once i've got more pbem experience.Also, do any other kiwi's want a game?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuckyStrike:

...looks like there is quite an active NZ CM community.

)

Cheers,

Lee<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There sure is if my friends and I are any indication: I have three people all within 10 minutes drive from me who have copies of CM smile.gif

now if only they would make a multiplayer patch to enable more than two players! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Milt Smegma (edited 10-15-2000).]

Guest KiwiMike

Ha! So you all think you're crash hot do you??

Well I've finally graduated to the full version and none of your previous games matter a toss 'cos you haven't been thrashed by me!!*

Seriously though - I posted a request for opponents from work as "Mike the bike", so anyone looking for a game please drop me a line.

Ciao

Mike

* - actual game result may differ from that advertised, does not include local taxes, no warranty stated or implied except where required by local laws tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

ummmm I have 3 vet platoons that havent even got into the battle yet. If I lined them up your tanks wouldnt have enough HE between them to kill 33% smile.gif Plus artillery, plus support weapons. U will not come close to winning this 1.... I promise.

Classic 1 reg gebrigsjager platton with a couple of vet fallschimjager squads have killed 3 platoons for the lose of about 10 men smile.gif 2 squad's have 20 confirmed kills a piece smile.gifI havent had to pull out most of my infantry as they are having too much fun watching the front line smash ya rifle 44's to bits smile.gif

Nope, they used AP and they both were vets.

And appart from my charge of the light brigade, things were going just fine, (ie. no cassualties)

Yup, I was a bit lucky, but if they didn't kill you on the first shot they would have got you on the second or third and often the tanks don't spot the AT gun till the third shot anyway..

PeteRNZ

Nah spotted both about 2 secs after they fired. On odds id expect the panthers to win a 1 on 1 fight with a 6 pounder at that range 90% of the time. The lower hull is the only place you have a chance of penetrating with AP... just my luck smile.gif

Amyway hurry up with the turn wink.gif

17 pounders? ouch! No wounder they penetrated at that range... I just got the "gun?" and default graphic. I had a sharp shooter with los to them both... thats why they were spotted as soon as they fired. Sharp shooters are sweet as spotters if nothing else smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've FINALLY beaten PeteNZ. With gobal moral in the 20's he fought to the end smile.gif Well done Pete, with an ample supply of luck you got closer to the gold than any other NZer.

Any other Kiwi's I havent played wanna get a shot in before tcp/ip? (send an email don't reply here).