Nice & Courteous PBEM Challenge Thread: Post Here

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

What does "bump" mean? I don't speak the native tongue.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It adds another new posting to the thread, thus pushing the thread higher up the list.

Seanachai, if you bumped it for another challenge, I'll accept it. I've room for one more. Send your runner to me if so.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holdit:

It adds another new posting to the thread, thus pushing the thread higher up the list.

Seanachai, if you bumped it for another challenge, I'll accept it. I've room for one more. Send your runner to me if so.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaaarrgghhhh, people aren't getting it! I'm not here to seek PBEMs, I get all I can handle and more in the evil 'Peng, I Take Our Challenge Public' thread (aka Cesspool). I'm just the...er...moderator, or rather caretaker of this thread! I just want to keep it active, near the top, and available so that people who want a game can find each other. I didn't go to evil Combat Mission school for years to be challenged in a nice and courteous thread. Ignore the evil man who started this thread, and play amongst yourselves.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ignore the evil man who started this thread, and play amongst yourselves.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But Meeks didn't start this thread, you did... and we all know what a kind and gentle person you are.

By the way old boy, are you ready to start up another match between us?

I think this thread has merit and should be noticed. Don't poo-poo the idea of being nice in the CM community. Its very possible to PBEM people and be courteous. Granted, I don't PBEM well, but I am oh so very nice. I remember my first PBEM with Moriarty. "Hot Diggity!" I thought to myself, I finnally get to play with one of the "Big Dawgs" I wouldn't dare say that he is nice, I can't speak for him. The things he is doing to my hapless troupies in far from nice. The weeping and panicking they are experiencing is troubling to witness. I try to explain this to my family and it ends up with them handing me a box of tissues.

------------------

-Work Hard

-Type Fast

-Save Often

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

I'm not here to seek PBEMs, I get all I can handle and more in the evil 'Peng, I Take Our Challenge Public' thread (aka Cesspool). I'm just the...er...moderator, or rather caretaker of this thread! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuses, excuses... Ok, who's up for it?

Guest sitzkrieg

Newbie looking for PBEM opponent who doesn't use "gamey" tactics (jeep recon or map edge hugging).

Send a setup to my email address.

I'll play any side but have more experience with the Germans so far.

Sportsmanship! Fair play! Honourable opponents! (now, back to the Cesspool and enough of all that).

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Scene: An Elysian garden filled with wild flowers, lovingly watered by babbling brooks, rushing rills and sussurating streams. Lions lie down with lambs, while flocks of colorful birds dance attendance. Buzzing bees lovingly pollinate all manner of fruit trees, while baroque fountains issue forth streams of vintage wine.

Enter a Nice Person

Seanachai (for it is he): I wandered lonely as a cloud

That float on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host of golden daffodils...

Pauses to remove a spotless square of linen from his perfect cuff of priceless Mechlin lace. He blows his nose in the most delicate yet manly fashion as befits a true knight, sans peur et sans reproche.

Enter a Courteous Person.

Hiram (for it is he, and to no one in particular): The quality of mercy is not strained,

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

Upon the place beneath: it is twice blessed;

It blesseth him that gives and him that takes...

He stops to contemplate a worm that lies in his path. Realizing that he was about to tread upon it, he recoils in horror. Then he realizes that he may have stepped on something else and recoils again. Eventually, he jumps up on a tree branch -- checking first to see that no grubs would be crushed in the process -- and hangs there.

Enter a Nice and Courteous Person

Meeks (shome mishtake, shurely? -- ed.): A drowsy numbness pains

My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,

Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains (yes, that sounds like Meeks -- ed.)

One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk... Oh, I say, hello there Hiram. What cheer? Just hanging out, I see.

I say, fancy a quick game? PBEM. I could do nothing other than allow you to be those lovely Germans on the defense in open terrain on a large map, clear weather, daylight and no air.

Hiram: Gosh, golly, Monsieur Meeks, you are too kind, but I'm afraid I must decline. For you see, I fear that were I to let go of this glorious tree limb that God in His mercy has provided for my use, I might inadvertantly give injury to one of his creatures. Furthermore, the thought of harming any of those poor digital men gives me the vapors.

But I see that Sir Seanachai is over there wiping his manly nose. Perhaps he can give you good sport. shouts and gesticulates Yoo hoo, Sir Seanachai, over here, if you'd be so kind. To Meeks He really is most kind and condescending to consort with such as we.

Meeks: What ho, good Seanachai. Would you fancy a challenge? My H-39s against your T-28s. I will give you 50 percent more, since 39 is the higher figure. What say you?

Seanachai: Good Meeks, hale and well met. Truly you are a stout fellow whose bonhommie is outdone only by his joie de vivre. And yet I must decline your challenge, alas, for, look you, I am but as a stranger in a strange land, a simple traveller I. I accept no challenges, but merely moderate. Where the bee sucks, there suck I and all that.

Interestingly, that reminds me of a story. It seems that once, long ago, in my native Celtic realm...

Meeks makes himself comfortable and orders tea, while Hiram takes a more secure grip on his branch. Fortunately for them, and how much more so for us, a large rodent enters stage right. He has large fangs that drip venom, a crazed look in his eyes, and a military webbing harness that is well-stocked with all the latest death-dealing devices.

Professor Doktor Hamster X (for it is he and none other): Shut your fat gob, you pustulent gas-bag, with your pathetic pseudo-Oirish drivel. in squeeky Seanachai voice I remember how it was back when the Leprechauns outside Clonmacnois used to run a bathhouse for all the Seanachais normal voice. And you, you feeble excuse for a Cesspooler, get off your fecking tree branch before I shove it down your neck, and go kill something. And Meeks, my one-time psychophant, back to the brickyard with you, those wounds are almost looking like healing. And what's with all this peace, love, respect, brotherhood, courteous, nice crap anyway? Lions and lambs? How cliché can you get. Someone hand me my fecking flamethrower.

someone hands him his fecking flamethrower

That's better. Time to die everyone!

Exeunt omnes pursued by a Hamster.

Curtain. Applause

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Scene: An Elysian garden filled with stuff...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you want to PBEM, "Mr. World under one Roof"??????

------------------

"If you want battle, come to me!" - Lieutenant Worf

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 09-28-2000).]

Well, keeping in line with the title of this thread, here goes...

I never played an Infantry force battle. Not ever. And...I guess what'm trying to say is...I want to try it-but if you don't that's ok! It really is!

I'd prefer the points high but I guess I can go with minimum of 1000-unless of course you dont like that in which case im ok - really I am!

Urban setting would be nice - that or a village one.

If you'd like to boot up a game - and please if im being too forward tell me, ill understand - call me at

sword_lover@hotmail.com

or ICQ at

What's that? Im not your type? Oh, well, I was justb kidding-yeah, it was all a joke! I was joking...right...well, ill go now *sniff*

::the last paragraph of this pathetically low self-esteem thread was indeed a joke. The other part is totally real.

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I could use another PBEM somebody send me something.

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

Bump

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splinty:

I too would to invite any and all of you,my esteemed fellow CMer's to a challenge on the field of battle,any takers may send their runners to my CP at Splinty@Juno.com. smile.gif

Is that polite enough for ya'? tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that was polite enough.

------------------

"If you want battle, come to me!" - Lieutenant Worf

• 10 months later...

Surfacing from the depths of the Forum I give you The Nice & Courteous PBEM Challenge Thread. An idea who's time has finally come, not for its original intent as an alternate to the MBT, but as a rest home for battle-fatigued Pooligans that have "Seen the Elephant" in the depths of the Cess one too many times.

Please excuse me, gentlemen, for intruding

on this PBEM thread, with a request for

a TCP/IP game. Any of you who would like

to play a QB at 900 points are welcome

to connect to 217.208.10.193

Details of the set up are presently available

for your perusal near the top of the Opp

Finder forum. Thank you for your time,

attention and forgiveness for my intrusion.

with highest regards,

your humble servant and devoted opponent,

--lil ole moi

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]