The Ultimate Niggle

Okay, I thought a long time about posting this, and decided to do it for fun.

I was playing a dawn/dusk scenario a while back, and I was listening to the birdies singing...

And I realized that I was listening to the song of an AMERICAN ROBIN... So I looked it up in my bird guide, and it seems the range of the American Robin is indeed limited to North America.

So how's this for the ultimate niggle in this wonderful game... THE BIRDSONGS ARE INACCURATE!!!

You can imagine my consternation and loss of immersion over this issue...

Please keep up the good work, guys, and continue to ignore the irrelevant.

Mark

------------------

Scouts Out!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shep:

African or European?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

------------------

Andreas

Frankly I'm shocked that these issues were not considered by the designers or confronted by playtesters.

Just who was in charge of the Birdsong Testing Committee? I demand his resignation!!!

------------------

Scouts Out!

Frankly I'm shocked that these issues were not considered by the designers or confronted by playtesters.

Just who was in charge of the Birdsong Testing Committee? I demand his resignation!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those responsible must be sacked

Sacked, nothing.

I want them used as targets in a skeet shooting tournament!

And then stuffed.

And sold as (not quite) living pets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're sleeping. They're very tired you know.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>(You have to be a Monty Python fan to "get" half of the jokes being made!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a budgie and it's dead

Markgame said: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> don't know why everybody is giving the designers such a hard time about this. I'm sure they weren't expecting the Spanish Inquisition...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Markgame....If BTS is going to take our money, they can damn well get the right birds. This TOTALLY undercuts any data reliabilty they may claim. If something as simple as a budgie is misplaced or wrong then HOW can we believe that they got the penetration right on a 88mm Flak impacting a Stuart V? Answer me that!

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 07-13-2000).]

Sacked, nothing.

I want them used as targets in a skeet shooting tournament!

And then stuffed.

And sold as (not quite) living pets.

And then slapped with fishes as a part of a bizarre folk dance from an obscure corner of the british isles.