Out of the Dust III - Official tread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Crow Warrior:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Neil aka Major Tum:

AFV at 196 yards with a panzerfaust! against crow.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I dont think its a worry as in every other respect I am playing to my low-standard as per normal :(

Yeah right.......whatever [/QB]</font>

• 2 weeks later...

It has been uneventful for a week now, I would believe all is going well.

I have 4 reported games completed, so that leaves 14 to go for round one, I figure I might start to see reports in about two weeks if things go about normal.

What turn are you at in your battles might be good to know.

Give a report.

Hoots.

Keith and mntineer, my ISP is fixed. We lost ten days play - all three games are at turn 60. So still a fair way to travel. Shells is in good contact. :D

Kudos once again to Kingfish for the detail in the scenarios and their playability.

edit: noob error. about turn 20 for each battle, not turn 60

[ April 14, 2008, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: costard ]

Apologies for moving slow on my end. Dinga and I have finished our game, but I'm afraid the others have been moving slow (much due to my fault). I have just recently been hired for a new job in Delaware. A hasy relocation is currently in progress, which is occupying almost all my free time (still working the two weeks notice for my current employer too). Not sure if I will be able to participate in the second round. I certainly hope so, but it may be a few days before I can get the new apartment set up and an internet connection secured. In any case, apologies for the slow play and hope yall can bear with me while my life undergoes this major change.

To avoid spoilers and/or an unfair (dis)advantage for some of the players we would have to know first which of the 3 scenarios have all finished before we start discussing them.

I just finished the "devil" scenario and Mackay's Fortress is in its last few turns. The 3rd game however is just at halfstage, so will take some time to finish.

So, Sly, which scenario is safe to discuss ?

Originally posted by Bert Hamoen:

To avoid spoilers and/or an unfair (dis)advantage for some of the players we would have to know first which of the 3 scenarios have all finished before we start discussing them.

I just finished the "devil" scenario and Mackay's Fortress is in its last few turns. The 3rd game however is just at halfstage, so will take some time to finish.

So, Sly, which scenario is safe to discuss ?

I've finished, so any for me!!

matches That have reported in so far are

Sceanrio #1 - St Saulon

Allied vs German

Crow Warrior - Major Tum (COMPLETED)

Bert Hamoen - Redbear

Mntineer - MichaelWittman (COMPLETED)

K.A. Miles - Mccobbler

Shellshocksye - Custard (COMPLETED)

Mikado - Dinga44 (COMPLETED)

Scenario #2 - Mackays Fortress

Allied vs German

Crow Warrior - Redbear

Bert Hamoen - MichaelWittman (COMPLETED)

Mntineer - Mccobbler (COMPLETED)

K.A. Miles - Custard

Shellshocksye - Dinga44 (COMPLETED)

Mikado - Neal aka Major Tum (COMPLETED)

Scenario #3 - Devils & Dragons

Crow Warrior - MichaelWittman (COMPLETED)

Bert Hamoen - Mccobbler (COMPLETED)

Mntineer - Custard (COMPLETED)

K.A. Miles - Dinga44 (COMPLETED)

Shellshocksye - Major Tum (COMPLETED)

Mikado - Redbear

Now we are up to 13, getting there

Redbear wins for being our slow player with K.A. Miles second (At least Miles has given a reason)

[ April 27, 2008, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

Hey guys I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow (business, not pleasure!), and I won't be available to play for at least a week. Hopefully by then I will have moved into my new apartment and will have my PC up and running. Hope yall can wait that long... but if you need to step in the finish my games, Sly, go right ahead. I'm sorry this whole thing had to blow up so close to the end of the first round!

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially if it pertains to the size of the scenarios. Too small, Too big (doubtful), or just right?

I plan on having 6 scenarios ready for round 2, even though only 3 are needed. A couple will be similar in size to those currently in play, and they get progressively larger from there, with the biggest at 4x the points total. All will be 35 turns or less, and yes you will have variety in terms of mission, forces, terrain and weather.

I'm posting this again to reiterate I'd like some feedback to help me narrow down the choice of which to release for round 2.

I now have 7 scenarios to choose from. A couple are again at 1000 pts per side, and they get progressively bigger in both points total and map size, with the largest at 4500/3500 on a 2km x 2km map.

Forgot to mention, make sure your feedback does not compromise FOW for the games still in progress. Just keep it general.

[ April 25, 2008, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially if it pertains to the size of the scenarios. Too small, Too big (doubtful), or just right?

I plan on having 6 scenarios ready for round 2, even though only 3 are needed. A couple will be similar in size to those currently in play, and they get progressively larger from there, with the biggest at 4x the points total. All will be 35 turns or less, and yes you will have variety in terms of mission, forces, terrain and weather.

I'm posting this again to reiterate I'd like some feedback to help me narrow down the choice of which to release for round 2.

I now have 7 scenarios to choose from. A couple are again at 1000 pts per side, and they get progressively bigger in both points total and map size, with the largest at 4500/3500 on a 2km x 2km map.

Forgot to mention, make sure your feedback does not compromise FOW for the games still in progress. Just keep it general. </font>