Scoring for round one is

3 points for best score

2 points for second best score

1 point for third best score

(for each side)

Weak side victory

2 points if you are the only winner playing the weak side out of the 5 matches

1 point if two out of the 5 matches

So as a reminder - its how well you play compared to the others playing the same side, not if you win or lose the scenario - every percentage point matters.

Welcome DerBlitzer...

Sly, I am playing Dinga and Walker. If you remember they both took the maximum amount of points when they played me, last tourney. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! They must be thinking, they have this tourney in the bag!!!

I going to set up a Brave.net site to post the pics - so after each round pls send -

Scenario A and C have been sent out to the german players. In other words, you have started. Scenario B still has some work to do, but very soon.

Also You all should have received emails with your passwords, if you have not received a password, let me know here quickly.

At least I will have a few months to get the next scenarios ready. Good luck to all but only one can win.

Originally posted by slysniper:

Round One matches

Scenario A

Germans vs Allies

JonnyEnglish ___ vs ___ Shell Shocked

Walker___ vs___ Bert

Dinga 44___ vs___Major Tum

Gort___ vs___ Fiaros

Crow Warrior___ vs ___Mikado

Scenario B

Allies vs Germans

JonnyEnglish ___ vs ___ Major Tum

Walker ___ vs___ Fiaros

Dinga 44___ vs___ Mikado

Gort___ vs___ Shell Shocked

Crow Warrior___ vs___ Bert

Scenario C

Germans vs Allies

JonnyEnglish ___ vs___ Bert

Walker___ vs___ Major Tum

Dinga 44___ vs___ Fiaros

Gort___ vs ___ Mikado

Crow Warrior___ vs ___Shell Shocked

Right then, I've been sent my first 2 set-up's but Scenario C has me playing Major Turn, not Bert. Does this match list need updating??

Also, if each player posts in this thread it'll be easier for everyone to find their opponent's email address.

Good luck all!..

Jonney

Right then, I've been sent my first 2 set-up's but Scenario C has me playing Major Turn, not Bert. Does this match list need updating??
I labelled it wrong, your scenario c needs to be sent to Bert. Also I have emailed you and Tum to get it straigtened out. The match ups listed here are still correct.

OK - Lets talk tatics

In the last tourney I did pretty well in each game; draw, minor victory etc but I gave away a lot of points. Is it better to not try and win an individual game so that you dont give away many points? Or have a got this all wrong??? Is there a strategy to this type of tourney scoring or have I just got way too much time on my hands??

Major Tum looks to be more Internet savvy than he is at playing this game. Already publicly questioning yourself is not good propaganda for yourself or your war machine.

As far as to what is the best strategy to playing in this tournament?

You are thinking too much, you just need to do the best you can and try not to make mistakes. The score will take care of itself. Remember to not be stupid when going for flags, if you loose 600 points in men and material to grab a large 300 point flag, you could be hurting yourself more than helping. The goal always needs to be to destroy the enemy without dieing and maneuver to your advantage. The flags are the goal of where you are going to try and maneuver.

Also I have heard and know everyone is good to go except from Mikado I beleive. Knowing him for last time I do not think there will be any problems.

It would be nice to see this thru without any drop outs, very possible with the group we have I hope.

If someone does drop, I can only remind you I will blackball you from anything I am involved with in the future. (Thats the power of the Master) not much is it.