2 player turn based missing replay option

Im playing a turn based game with a friend and find it really frustrating that we cant rewind and replay a turn. Works ok with small scenarios but its hard to see everything going on when you have several fronts. 

Is there a good reason why we cant do this? Ive played CM for a long time and the ability to replay the one minute action is almost a requirement for me. This game is so advanced with extreme details so trying to play it in real time just doesnt feel the same. 

22 minutes ago, IanL said:

There is no rewind in at 2 player net work game. I strongly suspect that is what @SwedenJens and his friend are doing. Correct me if I have that wrong.

It is a sad :( limitation of the network play mode.

Yes correct. It would be a huge improvement if this could be implemented. I think well have to change mode to pbem for this reason which is sad when this otherwise excellent play mode exists.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:37 AM, SwedenJens said:

Yes correct. It would be a huge improvement if this could be implemented. I think well have to change mode to pbem for this reason which is sad when this otherwise excellent play mode exists.

Agreed. I think the network mode gets the least use which means the least attention. Which is not a good feedback loop.

It's a cheap and cheerful compromise - it's probably the only sensible way to do a turn-based game in anything like real time (that is, have a real time game with enforced pauses every minute).

I'd much rather have that then only have real time as the real time option. I agree it would be great to also have the ability to replay things, but PBEM does exist.