Spotting in the shadows

I've been playing battles in Normandy and Holland a lot as Axis and have been religiously hiding my panzers under trees (in the shadows) whenever I can as I think that's what RL would suggest given Allied airpower.  However I wondered whether being in the shadows does actually make a difference to being spotted in the game a) by aircraft and b) by units on the ground.  Units on the ground might be at a similar level so would not necessarily have LOS blocked by the tree.

I'm asking out of curiousity as a search of the forum suggested being in the shadows makes no difference.  Not sure it would change my behaviour but intersted nevertheless.

Its just anecdotal but trees do seem to help shield my forces from marauding (WWII) aircraft. I frankly play with aircraft so rarely that I don't get to witness it enough to be sure. Maybe not 'shadows' per se but on the same terrain square in an abstracted kind of way.

32 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I think that Dartford Mick and the Tax Dodgers had something to say about staying in the shadows. Although they were probably talking about Kentish heathland, rather than Norman bocage.

@Warts 'n' all Strangely I know more about Normandy than I do about Kent, and have been there more often too.  History drives geography eh?

Actually looking at the title of my post again, it could be misconstrued out of the right context 😉

Edited by Vacilllator