Battlefront Poll

Battlefront,

Could you create a poll to see what your customers would like to see next in a Battlefront release?  I've heard you guys mainly concentrate on topics that really appeal to you (which makes a lot of sense).  I would like to see if your customer's interests line up with any of your passions. 

I, for one, would love to see a game centered on either the Arab-Israeli wars or Afrika Corps.

3 hours ago, Probus said:

Battlefront,

Could you create a poll to see what your customers would like to see next in a Battlefront release?  I've heard you guys mainly concentrate on topics that really appeal to you (which makes a lot of sense).  I would like to see if your customer's interests line up with any of your passions. 

I, for one, would love to see a game centered on either the Arab-Israeli wars or Afrika Corps.

What we want to see as new game features or just which time period and location in a new CM game?

Edited by Bufo

I have my *fantasy* druthers too. I'd like to see a proper Vietnam title, myself (I tip my hat to 37mm's mega-mod pack). Though 45 years after the conflict its still a touchy subject in some circles. Plus the common soldier model isn't particularly Asian looking, at least not in the 60s-70s timeframe. These days the CM model would fit the tall lanky Park Bo-gum or Gong Yoo just fine. ^_^

Probus

If you wanted to i guesd that you could start your own poll-thread.

You might need to start a new thread though.

The way to do it...

First post...a short description of the poll.

Then you lista the avaliable options you can think of as individual posts one after the other...

This way we "the other forumites' can upvote the option/post we like...

Resultat in sort of a poll 😎

40 minutes ago, sttp said:

The CMx2 engine is thirteen years old,  and it shows. So I say let's drop the demands for new theaters and new features and instead urge and allow them to focus on an entirely new game engine, CMx3.

I thought it was like less than 5. Seems great considering. It does seem like it has almost the same UI as the 20 yr old version though. 

3 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

Probus

If you wanted to i guesd that you could start your own poll-thread.

You might need to start a new thread though.

The way to do it...

First post...a short description of the poll.

Then you lista the avaliable options you can think of as individual posts one after the other...

This way we "the other forumites' can upvote the option/post we like...

Resultat in sort of a poll 😎

Good idea!  KSP uses the same Forum engine and it has a built in poll feature. But I'll try your way. 

Once I get a few more ideas I'll try it

Edited by Probus

Some of the more common requests as far as I know...

- game performance improvments

- graphics improvements

- additional editor features 

- additional gameplay features

- finish CMBS- and CMFB module the skip to CM3

- WW2 early war, 1939-40

- WW2 north africa

- WW2 pacific

- WW2 eastern front

- 1945, 46 west vs russia

- WW1

- Korea 1950-

- Vietnam

- Fulda gap

- Arab - Israeli wars

- modern day Syria , Irak, Afghanistan 

- modern day USA/NATO vs China

- modern day USA/NATO vs North korea 

- China vs India war

- more battlepacks for existing titles

We're just the guys who post on the forum. So it's important to keep in mind we may represent only a small sampling of the customer base that BFC has other data on. 

But as usual ma wishlist as follows,

1. Combat Mission Blitzkrieg. Warsaw to Moscow. 1939-1941 

2. Combat Mission Fulda Gap 1970-1990. 

3. Combat Mission Afrika Korp. Libya, Egypt, and Tunis. 1942-43. 

4. Combat Mission Case Blue. Blau to Stalingrad 1942. 

Edited by SimpleSimon

Aaww yis... CM3: Gulda Fap with ray tracing, dynamic operational campaigns, coop, ingame oob editor, and visible aircraft -- bring it ON!

On a more attainable note, I'd like packs for minor combatants. Ie. A lapland war/continuation pack for the Finns, a siege of Budapest for Hungarians, or Turkey for cm:sf2.

On a less attainable note, it'd be cool if the CM3 engine would host all the different families. So you can mix and match all the content, that you own. Maybe make version control a bit easier?

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

+1 but it started on June 10, 1940.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_African_campaign

Archie Wavel & the Italians do deserve more spotlight.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:33 PM, Probus said:

Battlefront,

If our version of the forum has a poll feature I don't see it in the admin settings. I don't want to be a killjoy and I'd love to see the results of what you come up with but the next few projects are already set in stone. So, it's unlikely to change anything. 🙂 

26 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

If our version of the forum has a poll feature I don't see it in the admin settings. I don't want to be a killjoy and I'd love to see the results of what you come up with but the next few projects are already set in stone. So, it's unlikely to change anything. 🙂 

Remind me what those are again😉

16 hours ago, sttp said:

The CMx2 engine is thirteen years old,  and it shows. So I say let's drop the demands for new theaters and new features and instead urge and allow them to focus on an entirely new game engine, CMx3.

This man should change his name to "The Truth".

CMFB needs a big end-of-war module that includes Brits, crossing the Rhine and the Ruhr pocket. CMBS needs a module too, I think with Marines (from both sides) and whatever else they want to include. CMRT's almost all wrapped up and CMFI module of course was their last big release. Not to mention (literally not to mention) the government work we're not supposed to mention ;)