Lucky Strike's Mods: Hedgerow Hell

Trying out Beta2 and it´s quite a beauty! 😎 Haven´t explored optional (or variation) files yet but seems I make this my default CMBN environment. All textures match perfectly in resolution and colors, as well as detail works. Big 👍 up!

A quick screen of my default game setup. LS ´s Bocage1 Test mission, no Reshade, bits of my personal ingame movie shader tweaks and all details full up.

LS_HedgerowHell.jpg

While we don't play CM for the graphics, this certainly makes it look like an updated game and could enable CM2 to avoid obsolescence for a few more years - if this can become the standard look and easy to achieve (for those of us who don't have your skills).

9 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Trying out Beta2 and it´s quite a beauty! 😎 Haven´t explored optional (or variation) files yet but seems I make this my default CMBN environment. All textures match perfectly in resolution and colors, as well as detail works. Big 👍 up!

A quick screen of my default game setup. LS ´s Bocage1 Test mission, no Reshade, bits of my personal ingame movie shader tweaks and all details full up.

LS_HedgerowHell.jpg

Thanks @RockinHarry Always happy to be a default!

The options are mostly different tree types and sizes, and more or less flowers for those who like such things. I get carried away and can’t decide which I like, procrastination equals more mod ...

I don’t seem to be able to post images to the thread anymore, I guess I must have reached some kind of invisible force field, nice to see a fresh image, thanks.

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

While we don't play CM for the graphics, this certainly makes it look like an updated game and could enable CM2 to avoid obsolescence for a few more years - if this can become the standard look and easy to achieve (for those of us who don't have your skills).

Thanks @Erwin

What I’m trying to achieve is a level of graphical immersion equal to what the game offers at a techical/gameplay level. It’s very easy to find games with amazing graphics ... PostScriptum and the like look great at ground level, but I can see they are actually quite limited and very unrealistic in so many respects, despite their look. What I was amazed to discover, after messing with the bocage for an age, is that actually the graphics engine side of CM is far more extensible than I had thought. Modern GPUs can exploit this and even fairly modest setups can stretch the graphics quite considerably. I’m only running a i3 and GTX1660, and without the extra ReShade beautification the game still runs pretty smooth with this mod. As you say we don’t play CM for the graphics, nor have we ever (thinks of the wonderfully bright CMBO graphics 🕶️), but get down in the long grass and watch your turn with your pixeltruppen, I know it shouldn’t but it puts a smile on my face every time.

This game keeps me coming back to it again and again, so anything I can do to sustain it for myself and you guys makes me a very happy bunny.

Not sure about the easy to achieve part though ... 😅

@Lucky_Strike If you can't post anything new, go to your profile and click on "My Attachments" if it reads "100%" that will be the reason. Just free up some space by removing some of your earlier stuff. The pictures will still remain where you posted them, they will just no longer be cluttering your attachments box.

11 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

@Lucky_Strike If you can't post anything new, go to your profile and click on "My Attachments" if it reads "100%" that will be the reason. Just free up some space by removing some of your earlier stuff. The pictures will still remain where you posted them, they will just no longer be cluttering your attachments box.

@Warts 'n' all 😃 Thanks for the tip, I probably have stuff that’s years old in there. I bet there’s an instruction manual for the forum somewhere that I could have consulted ...😳

11 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'm glad you got it sorted. This is a good looking mod, The more realistic foliage in the game the better.

Thanks Warts. Lots of extra foliage to be had, but will depend to some extent on map makers adding plenty of doodads and long grass, unfortunately the mod won’t increase the number of objects, though it will, hopefully, produce a denser (more dense?) look.

6 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks Warts. Lots of extra foliage to be had, but will depend to some extent on map makers adding plenty of doodads and long grass, unfortunately the mod won’t increase the number of objects, though it will, hopefully, produce a denser (more dense?) look.

Both "denser" and "more dense" are correct. Only if you had said "more denser", would you have been incorrect. "And now on Radio 4 ..."

8 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Both "denser" and "more dense" are correct. Only if you had said "more denser", would you have been incorrect. "And now on Radio 4 ..."

LOL I was always castigated at school because my local yokel accent made me tend to use the ‘-er’ ending on everything rather than the ‘more’ adverb, is it an adverb? Now I can’t think straight, I’ll shut up ...

3 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

LOL I was always castigated at school because my local yokel accent made me tend to use the ‘-er’ ending on everything rather than the ‘more’ adverb, is it an adverb? Now I can’t think straight, I’ll shut up ...

... "It's time for Gardener's Question Time. And our first question comes from a Mr. L. Strike of Hampshire. Dear Panel, can anyone suggest how to make my hedge look more appealing to a bunch of grogs?."

On 7/2/2020 at 2:53 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

... "It's time for Gardener's Question Time. And our first question comes from a Mr. L. Strike of Hampshire. Dear Panel, can anyone suggest how to make my hedge look more appealing to a bunch of grogs?."

How Not to be Seen

Mr. Neasbitt has learned the first lesson in How Not to be Seen....

This will definitely take its place in my CMBN mod set, fantastic!

Edited by LongLeftFlank

13 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

How Not to be Seen

Mr. Neasbitt has learned the first lesson in How Not to be Seen....

This will definitely take its place in my CMBN mod set, fantastic!

@LongLeftFlank LMAO 😂 An all time favourite - I’d been trying to think of an appropriate response but they all relied on Frankie Howerd-esk advice to keep your bush trim, ooh err missus! Maybe I should change the name of the mod to How Not to be Seen ...

First release will be later tonight or tomorrow🤞

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

@Lucky_Strike Have to add to the above comments that this is great work.  Thanks and looking forward to further developments 😉

I saw the comment on eyesight during lockdown and sympathise.  In my case I think sitting at the kitchen table in front of a laptop every day for months has not helped 🙄.

Thanks @Vacilllator appreciated!

Just to show that me poor old eyes haven't quite given up (despite finally being allowed to visit the optician and getting some new jam jars 👓 ), here are a couple of screen shots with a few new bits - crop 1 short doodad & brush doodads - all in the rain... Also playing around with a new ReShade preset for rainy days in the bocage. A bit stuck at the moment trying to come up with some convincing flax for crop 5 & 6 doodads, but hopefully I will soon be able to release the full mod set for consumption.

CM-Normandy_2020-08-19_01.thumb.jpg.60610722f9f9baab083c35a633651c3f.jpg

A gloomy, wet day in the Norman countryside

CM-Normandy_2020-08-19_02.thumb.jpg.56573b1c0b55cf6767c220306df93384.jpg

Who drew the short straw ... scouts out in the damp