President orders large-scale US troop withdrawal from Germany

On 7/6/2020 at 10:06 PM, sburke said:

I prefer Steve Martin's in My Blue Heaven.  What is the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant woman?

I think Germany has some more important issue to worry about at the moment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/world/europe/germany-military-neo-nazis-ksk.html?searchResultPosition=4

I think its overblown

theyre just underrstandably touchy

IMO the US military has a bigger neo nazi issue

Ive looked into it and its heavily concentrated almost entirely in one region and small part of it in eastern germany

however this is the result of the PC SJW overstepping. even I who dont give a damn what anyone does knew theyd gone to far when they said anyone can use any bathroom. they tried to move too fast. middle america wasnt ready to go THAT far yet. now we'll be set back decades.

however maybe its a good thiing. I remember at age 8 being  taught about kwanzaa. when the teacher said it was 'invented' in the 70s I thought ' wtf how is a religion invented and ten yrs older than me?" as I  got older the other religions became equally silly but my point remains. US students had POC inventors and famous figures have their ethnic or color blasted  on us.  HOWEVER if say some guy invented the peanut  was black we'd hear all about it and it was EMPHASIZED.

however mocking race was a no no. hilarious aganst whites noone else

then around 2k it was white males.   nooone else. white males

key and peele who are funny (2 comedians) do white face and get rave reviews. the movie white chicks is black men in drag in white  face. if the inverse happens someone loses their career AND socially are ostracized, though it may have been 3 decades  ago (still poor taste but..)

people wonder at the obvious backlash. its because the nation is still majority white and half of them are males. And it gets old being **** on..  Especially when youre the go to blame for everything everytime.

White privilege etc, all nonsense to me. sure it happens. sure racism happens.

but if a 'woke' person whose entire world view revolves arnd race are they not as racist as the neo nazis?

Im telling you now, classism is the real game now. the racism is a game, we're a cat and its the 1%s lazer pointer. 

Edited by Sublime

sorry I am not really into White men feeling victimized.  Hell my mother couldn't get a credit card when I was young because they didn't give them to women. The neighborhood I lived in when I was 4 had a massive riot just because 1 black family moved there (google Baker Incident in Phila) and your own Boston history is rife with this kind of stuff.  Black people are still having their voting rights undermined 55 years after the civil rights act.  I think white males tend to be the real snowflakes.  We don't like not being able to take for granted being at the front of the line all the time.

You might want to do your own research.  Kwanza isn't a religion.  It is a cultural celebration.  It's about Black Americans getting tired of always being negatively portrayed and looking for self affirmative celebrations.  Many Kwanza advocates celebrate Christmas and Kwanza.  Maybe they are just sick of Jesus being a white guy in a Semitic world.

I am pretty disappointed to hear you espousing this s**t that I thought you were above.  Victim shaming as an excuse for the white nationalism becoming more  mainstream because of our dog whistling President.

Edited by sburke

You just made my Day. To learn a jerk from Philly like you is unhappy with their life is precious. But not unexpected. Did you ever earn enough to pay off your mother's credit card?  Or perhaps you are still sitting in the those Pampers she went into debt for?

5 hours ago, kevinkin said:

You just made my Day. To learn a jerk from Philly like you is unhappy with their life is precious. But not unexpected. Did you ever earn enough to pay off your mother's credit card?  Or perhaps you are still sitting in the those Pampers she went into debt for?

Nice to know you are rising to your usual level.

On 7/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, Sublime said:

thats so odd! I never heard that! ( I wouldnt have)

in boston we called CAMBRIDGE the PRC peoples republic cambridge as its very liberal and has harvard MIT etc

Amateurs

Here in SA our ruling politicians appear on TV with berets sporting cuban flags along with our own and quote from Amilcar Cabral's theory of class suicide.....