No master map for Caen???

Master Maps weren't 'a thing' when the CMBN - Commonwealth Module was built. To my knowledge no one has taken it on in the community since. So all yours. :D

There are master maps floating around there for nearby areas such as Carpiquet (me), and the Canadian Corridor including Authie/Buron etc. Given fighting inside Caen itself only last a few days if that, I think the focus has always been on the areas around the city where most of the fighting took place.

37 minutes ago, rocketman said:

And by that time, wasn't Caen more or less one big pile of rubble anyway?

That is one thing that i actually would like to see...a big pile of rubble ! 😁

That is...a rather large city map that is heavely destroyed...detailed with craters, ruined buildings and debree.. 

And by heavely destroyed... i mean heavely destroyed...

Including custom designed ruins using buildings, walls and ditchlock...

I made such a map a few years ago but it went MIA when that computer died 😬

It was really cool to play on...but designing it was truely a nightmare...all those custom ruins...and placing of debree...

Not that i think about it....it was actually indeed designed to simulate a bombed out Caen...

A pity its gone 😢

Edited by RepsolCBR

2 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

That is one thing that i actually would like to see...a big pile of rubble ! 😁

That is...a rather large city map that is heavely destroyed...detailed with craters, ruined buildings and debree.. 

And by heavely destroyed... i mean heavely destroyed...

I've been trying to make one for ages, still got little more than a few interesting mounds of rubble.....Very hard to do, just as you say.

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've been trying to make one for ages, still got little more than a few interesting mounds of rubble.....Very hard to do, just as you say.

Yepp...but if you manage to stick with it the rewards are pretty big 🙂

The map i had going obviously was not in the size of a mastermap but it was atleast a regular scenariosize map...something like 1000 X 1500 meters iirc...

I did not upload it since it was something like 90% complete....ooouch !

Playing on it was very fun though...consisted of a very high degree of custom ruins mixed with the odd regular buildings damaged in various degrees...it provides more intresting fighting and possibilties compared to simply using stock buildings....

But ones again...it is alot of work unfortunatelly to get such a map done...i might try it again someday down the road...

With i hadn't lost it..but

I have learnt from my misstakes...going forward i will always keep WIP projects that are in a pretty advanced state on a backup USB stick...

That map is not the only thing i have lost through the years  😖

Edited by RepsolCBR