Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

Back down with the SMG Company he is using a 75mm Armored Car to area fire some buildings. I guess I know where he is planning to bring it.

I also moved my BA-64B behind the buildings that the SMG Company are in in case he tries to run the units that he has already moved into those buildings out the back doors.

52_3.jpg

52_4.jpg

Once the OT-34 was in place I saw that I could pull forward a little and see the buildings that the other spotted units were in. Shooting all those flames brought in a lot of smoke so I'm moving a squad and and the Sappers into the building under cover of smoke. Here is what it looks like with smoke and with smoke turned off. He'll never even see me making the move through such thick smoke.

50_1.jpg

50_2.jpg

But.....as has been happening this entire battle.....the body exchange continues. When he opened fire on my it exposed his squad to the OT-34. I heard LOTS of screams while I was torching the building. When Ithikial and I PM we almost never mention anything that has happened in the game. But after this he told me it took out a whole squad. You guys know better than me...And I know of at least one guy that still lives. I'm so glad that I bought the OT-34s. Playing with fire is fun.

50_4.jpg

Meanwhile, back down at the other end he runs another unit across the road. This one is an HQ unit. 

As we're getting near the halfway point I have to start seriously thinking about deploying 6th Company. They have not moved. As I see it there are 2 choices:

1) Make Jagermeister an unbeatable stronghold. (or hope that I have). Right now I feel like I have enough to fend off whatever he'd throw at me in my home base. I have 8 Maxims with their support units and HQs. I've got most of the SMG Company. I've got most of the Sappers. A couple of small AT guns. A T34-85 and an OT-34. I can pull a tank or 2 back from Berliner Weisse if needed. I even have 3 82mm mortars that I can use for direct or indirect fire. I feel like that is a lot and I may not need 6th Company.

2) Send 6th Company to help take out Berliner Weisse. Most of what I have up there now is pretty roughed up. My gut is telling me that he may be roughed up there too. But my gut is not actual intel. If I can punch a hole in what he has perhaps a fresh rifle company will be able to move right in. And if he is as banged up as my gut is telling me, use it as a launching point for Objective Vodka. 

All that said, I believe, at this point, that this battle is won or lost at Berliner Weisse. That he will never take Jagermeister and I will never take Vodka. 

50_5.jpg

OMG that 75mm armored car is lead element of Steiner's army!  your two entire fronts encircling Berlin are about to be themselves encircled and destroyed!  Your military and your bolshevik gov't are on the edge of total collapse!  Just as der fuhrer prophesied!

Great stuff!

Yeah, flame tanks on urban are like a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch that keeps on giving. You can use area fire to deal death to places you couldn't reach with anything else due to the penetration and spread. Speaking of which, the penetration of flame throwers means that an infantry FT team can shoot into an adjacent empty building location and penetrate into the next enemy-occupied location in a straight line beyond it. So, you can effectively attack a location two action spots away through walls from a position of complete safety from the unit you are attacking.

I call it "Two and torch."

This map is great! It really gives you an idea of how deadly the house to house fighting in Berlin was. Btw if you guys haven't purchased it yet, get yourself the revised edition of Bloody Streets by A. Stephan Hamilton. If you have the original this is even better and has a beautiful map book. Its easily one of the best military history books I own. You can get it for a good price at Amazon UK. 

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

1) Make Jagermeister an unbeatable stronghold. (or hope that I have). Right now I feel like I have enough to fend off whatever he'd throw at me in my home base. I have 8 Maxims with their support units and HQs. I've got most of the SMG Company. I've got most of the Sappers. A couple of small AT guns. A T34-85 and an OT-34. I can pull a tank or 2 back from Berliner sd if needed. I even have 3 82mm mortars that I can use for direct or indirect fire. I feel like that is a lot and I may not need 6th Coss

The firepower from 8 grouped HMG's in an urban environment can't be overstated. 

2 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

The firepower from 8 grouped HMG's in an urban environment can't be overstated. 

That is why I am feeling like I'll probably send the 6th up to Berliner Weisse. I'll wait a couple more turns to make sure there aren't any big surprises before I do. 

2 hours ago, jtsjc1 said:

This map is great! It really gives you an idea of how deadly the house to house fighting in Berlin was. Btw if you guys haven't purchased it yet, get yourself the revised edition of Bloody Streets by A. Stephan Hamilton. If you have the original this is even better and has a beautiful map book. Its easily one of the best military history books I own. You can get it for a good price at Amazon UK. 

It looks like it's just under $83 on Amazon US.

I've got 2 nagging thorns in my side. One is that something keeps firing HE at end building by my OT-34 and whittling down the infantry that I'd moved there in support of the Sappers. The other are the only real survivors of the fury from my SMG Company. 1...2...or 3...units are holed up in a large building and only an SMG Team has am LOS to them. I've had enough of them so I'm going to get some more SMG fire on them.

49_1.jpg

49_2.jpg

Moments before the BA64B got into position the nearby AT rifle teams took a direct hit from the Mark IV up the street. All dead. 

I've been trying to target the SPW 251/21 but I can't draw a line of fire......I can see it, I just can't target it. As it moves around I hope the TacAI keeps an eye on it and gets a shot off before it does. 

47_1.jpg

48_2.jpg

46_7.jpg

48 minutes ago, rocketman said:

In the top image, are those hit decals on buildings? New feature?

There has been no addition of hit decals on buildings (at least none that anybody told me about 🙂 ). Plus, that location has had anything firing that large of rounds in that directions that would have caused it.