Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

24 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Historically all captured German Panzerfausts and Panzerschraks were in service of engineer-assault brigades approx since the winter 1945. Rifle units never used it.

Ok...thanks for the info 🙂...

When designing scenarios would it be wrong to attach such units to rifleplatoons in your oppinion  ? Should they be limited to engineer platoons  ?

That is...no engineers in your force...no panzerfaust teams !

10 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

The are 60m and 100m fausts. Sometimes you get one of each, sometimes 2 60m, sometimes 2 100m. 

Right now they are limited to teams. Could that change? Maybe. 

Before replying I checked and it looks like they are available at all times and in all regions (Soviet Union, Eastern Europe and Germany). They are units added for the module....so they'll only be available with the module.

Ok...thanks

No fausts for the riflesquads seems like the right decition.. as Haiduk mentioned...

Zarudin got lucky. He was able to back away to safety. That intersection must be dealt with. I haven't had a hard spot in a while but tanks are still firing from the end of the street and I have sound contacts. Right now it is inconvenient but I have to prepare for when it may be a big problem. With that in mind I am calling in some smoke to provide some protection. It will take 6 minutes to arrive. If I find that I need to get to (or past) that intersection sooner I have 2 Shermans that can lay down some smoke.

1_22-2.jpg

1_22_1.jpg

1_22_3.jpg

2 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

When designing scenarios would it be wrong to attach such units to rifleplatoons in your oppinion  ? Should they be limited to engineer platoons  ?

Engineer units, reflected in the CMRT and assault engineers, which had Panzerfausts are differnt units. I don't know either assault engineers will be present in the module or not. You can read about them here: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/136836-soviet-assault-engineers-elite-infantry-in-bodyarmor/

Main difference between assault engineers and usual engineers (engineer-sapper) - the first were armed with SMG and had bodyarmor. They were much close to special assault units, than to sappers. But during urban combat Soviet troops formed assault groups, combined from different units. Their constitution can be different due to the task. Usually this was rifle platoon (company), reinforced with assault-engineer squad (platoon) and 2 (4-6) flamethrowers/Panzerfausts + 1-2 (several) guns/SP-guns and tanks. Panzerfausts were on aramament of flamethrower battalion of assault engineer brigade, so they can choose a weapon, appropriate for own task. Also some sort of "pocket MLRS" usually made - the device, which allows simultanous launch of dozen Panzerfausts in the target (in the fortified house, for example)

Edited by Haiduk

Ouch! A couple of men who were caught in the open when I first came upon the tanks at Berliner Weisse won't be making it home. And then to make it worse one of the Mark IVs has a LOF at the building that the guys who weren't hurt holed up in. That'll leave a mark. 

Enough of this. The tanks are loaded up and pulling out. Time to get up there and provide some armor support. I can get my tanks out from where they are without exposing them to "The Intersection of Death"

I'm starting to feel the need for speed. We're not even 10 minutes into this battle and I can't help but think that he is pouring troops into the Berliner Weisse area. I want to get 3rd platoon/4th Company to the buildings overlooking the park but I can't do it while those tanks are right there. I gotta getrid of those things and I think a couple of SU-85s are the right tool for the job.

1_21_1.jpg

1_21_2.jpg

1_21_3.jpg

46 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

ouch, half a squad down in one shot.  that hurts.

Yeah. There was a part of me that was really upset. And there was a part of me that thought "dang, that sucked. But I have a battalion and now I know where the trouble is." The latter is all I can really hold onto. 🙂

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. There was a part of me that was really upset. And there was a part of me that thought "dang, that sucked. But I have a battalion and now I know where the trouble is." The latter is all I can really hold onto. 🙂

That's the spirit ! Now you sound like a true russian...

Stalin would be proud ! 😁

14 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Snipers, yes. If you mean seperate machine guns above the SMGs, there are no MG units in a SMG platoon in a rifle company.

Bad... But they should! 1-st platoon  of rifle company had SMGs instead of rifles, other weapons stayed like in rifle platoons. There were shortages of DP machineguns, and that is not completely unrealistic, but still DP were distributed to the platoons evenly. (I am afraid that poor SMG gunners will be wiped out by those Sturmzugen at 210m…)

It seems I misunderstood, on screenshot above there is DP. But the squad is too big, I think, 11 men - too good for 44-45...

Ammo load for DP - 188, 4 drums. That is realistic! 6 drums with 282 rounds were optimistic a bit.

Edited by DMS

How are Ithikail_AU and I doing with the timing of our updates? Are we pretty close to posting about the same part of the battle as the other? I played 3 turns this morning that I haven't posted about but at the end of the day yesterday my posts were "up to the minute" and I'd like ot avoid getting too far ahead of him...if I am.

3 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

I think you may be about 2 turns ahead of his posts - I think.   So far that's not an issue really because there is limited contact.

OK. We got 3 turns in this morning. I may hold off a tad in posting them to give him a chance to catch up. If I posted them now I'd be 5 turns ahead and that's probably too far. 

I guess I am having a tiny bit of success around Berliner Weisse. The first kill in the shot that I posted yesterday is from there. He has at least 4 infantry units in the buildings there. It may be hard to see in the picture but I was able to cause another casualty or 2 and suppress all 4 of them.

Not a huge deal but something positive for me to hang onto. I gotta get my armor up there and take out those Mark IVs. That will give me some freedom of movement. 

1_20_3.jpg

1_20_2.jpg

27 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I just double checked and I have them on.........hhhhmmmmmm

It is the same with your opponent. Perhaps because it is overcast?!

I am totally out of the loop re. CM. Maybe it is supposed to look like that. But shadows would be beneficial, I guess.

Best regards,
Thomm

27 minutes ago, Thomm said:

It is the same with your opponent. Perhaps because it is overcast?!

I am totally out of the loop re. CM. Maybe it is supposed to look like that. But shadows would be beneficial, I guess.

Best regards,
Thomm

Time to get back into it, Thomm. All the cool kids are doing it. 🙂

Enough already......I gotta get this armor up there and get on top of this situation. 

Here's where I'm moving a couple of the tanks as they are now ready for some fast movement orders. I'm running a couple of the OT-34 flamers to the area behind where most of my fire base is right now. I'm going to want to drop some smoke around there and move out in front to confront the Mark IVs. The SU-85 I am taking the "back way" and, as you can see in the movement orders, when I turn the corner it'll start using a Hunt move to (hopefully) get a jump on the Panther. 

1_19_2.jpg

1_19_3.jpg

Back at Jagermeister, I've decided to mobilize some armor now in preparation for the attack that I expect from all of the sound contacts and early movement that I saw. I am putting 2 T34-85s on watch. The park area that they are overseeing has high walls around much of it. I'm setting up where I can get an LOS on as much area as I can. 

1_19_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Ugh.....What little gains I made gone in a single shot. 

1_19_6.jpg

ouch... that hurt! Too many guys crowding behind a single window is something to avoid I´d say. :o Doesn´t need a 75mm and a RG or zook round would have a similar effect. Wonder the guys are still at "cautious" state though.