Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Oh! What is this that is rolling down the road!?( @Aragorn2002)  My T34-85 just spotted this guy going down the road that ends where he took out the Panther earlier. This should be easy enough to take of.

48_1.jpg

I know it's AT rifle meat, but this is such a cool-looking vehicle. Lovely modelling and the crew looks great, too.

Now, KILL IT! 😈

4 hours ago, benpark said:

Independent buildings have that additional damage state over the modular ones. If I'm remembering correctly.

Right. Independent buildings offer damage decal states that come between undamaged and knocked-out wall.

Visually, modular buildings go from undamaged to knocked-out wall. So, there is nothing new here.

Man, I'd sure love some in-between states on modular...

I'd really 

4 hours ago, Macisle said:

Right. Independent buildings offer damage decal states that come between undamaged and knocked-out wall.

Visually, modular buildings go from undamaged to knocked-out wall. So, there is nothing new here.

Man, I'd sure love some in-between states on modular...

I'd love to see some large mounds of bricks from collapsed buildings and some more craters

Up at Berliner Weisse I have finally knocked out the 75mm Recoilless Gun. These guys hung in there for a long time. 

The Sappers have started blowing through walls and I now can see what has been firing that HE to the corner building of that complex.

46_1.jpg

46_2.jpg

46_3.jpg

I wish that I could say that things were going as well back down near the SMG Company. 

It looks like the BA-64B has fallen victim to something new with Fire and Rubble. A Panzerfaust 100. I'll have to wait until the battle is over for confirmation of that but the only thing that I can think of that would have been able to do that are those units that I brought the thing forward to shoot at.

Also, I haven't figured out yet if it is a bug or a map issue but the guys I was bringing in to help ran to the door of the building that I wanted them to enter and then ran away and took a different path into the line of fire of the bad guys that they were being tasked with taking out. Not cool. Totally not cool. All doors in all Combat Mission titles are unusable if the ground outside the door is higher than the bottom of the door. I see this often done intentionally. This door doesn't appear to be that kind of set up but when we're done I'll take a look at the map in the editor or see if @benpark did it on purpose. I a wrecked environment it definitely makes sense to have doors blocked by debris. Being careful, particularly in critical moments,  is good advise that I should follow myself.

46_5.jpg

46_6.jpg

46_4.jpg

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

It looks like the BA-64B has fallen victim to something new with Fire and Rubble. A Panzerfaust 100.

My CMRT interface images, courtesy of JuJu of course, already include the PF100 but I assume it's 'turned off' as an option by the dates of the battles?

17 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

My CMRT interface images, courtesy of JuJu of course, already include the PF100 but I assume it's 'turned off' as an option by the dates of the battles?

HHmmm.......You shouldn't see it at all. Weird. PF100s began production in November 1944. The base game cuts off in September. It's also not in the base game's manual. Some Rome to Victory content trickled into the 4.0 patch (even though it couldn't be accessed). That may be what's going on. I can't check it right now as my installed version has the Fire and Rubble content.

39 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

HHmmm.......You shouldn't see it at all. Weird. PF100s began production in November 1944. The base game cuts off in September. It's also not in the base game's manual. Some Rome to Victory content trickled into the 4.0 patch (even though it couldn't be accessed). That may be what's going on. I can't check it right now as my installed version has the Fire and Rubble content.

No worries, don't think I've seen one in-game, just noticed it in the JuJu interface graphics files (which are nice).PF100.png.6a9f53b097b30c58500e43d35273c3a7.png

Lol, my editing skills are sadly lacking 😔

Edited by Vacilllator

I had LOS to the SPW 251/21 for a pretty long time. But I was never able to establish a LOF and target the thing. I've turned the trees off for these screenshots. This is the first time the entire battle that I have felt like I'm in trouble. It really gave me a bad case of the sadz. A real morale killer. I felt like I had set the tank up in a good place. So, I'm not second guessing that. It's also the first time all game where I feel like I'm behind in the armor part of this battle.  Even the carnage on the Street of Death didn't make me think that.

45_2.jpg

45_1.jpg

Perhaps now is a good time to step back and show what the current situation is. The only things that can't be seen in this screenshot is the SPW 251/21 and some of 6th Company.

The blue circles are known German AFVs (also the yellow circle...I somehow screwed that up 🙂 ) The blue circle that doesn't have sound contacts is where I believe there are 2 TDs that did all the killing on the Street of Death. 

The red circles are my tanks. The yellow arrow is pointing to where I have an OT-34 that is barely in the shot. At first blush the armor count seems pretty close to even. However, I have not mentioned this because I keep hoping to dig it out, I have an OT-34 in the screenshot near Jagermeister. I was moving this between buildings very early in the battle and it got stuck. I feel like I've tried everything to move it out and if anyone has any secrets for moving stuck tanks I'd love to hear it. Where it is stuck it still has LOS to some areas that will be helpful if he moves into them but I'm not able to move it. 

The purple circle shows where the 6th Company is. I have not committed them. The SMG Company is finally starting to get thin. I am considering moving the 6th's SMG Platoon to support them. 

Some of the infantry that was having the attrition battle have either routed or I've pulled them back to provide some protection for the tanks near Berliner Weisse. 

Another thing that I just realized isn't in the screenshot are the on map 82mm mortars. The only thing that I have used them for so far is smoke. Part of me thinks that I should move them somewhere that they could be used for direct fire. Part of me thinks I should call in some indirect fire. I just don't see a good place to do either of those things yet....so they sit and wait.

This is after 45 minutes of battle. Exactly halfway through. I still feel confident that I have hurt him in places and that I'm not in terrible shape. That said, I no longer feel that I am in good shape either.  

45_3.jpg

BFCElvis,

Judging from the screenie of the T-34, it seems that the hedge might be further concealing the SPW 251/21, maybe making it hull down for visibility.  Trying to spot the gun and shield only would be very difficult, if that were the case.  I'm just guessing here though. 

The only limited success I've ever had with stuck AFVs is by trying to reverse them out in as straight a line as possible from where they got stuck.  I wonder if it would help to bail out of the tank, and then re-enter it.  Just a thought.

Keep plugging away.  Stalin likes high body counts - shows you are trying.  Only get worried if you see an NKVD unit moving up from your rear, "to help with motivation."

Really enjoying the battle.  Thanks for posting.

Heinrich505

1 minute ago, RepsolCBR said:

Looks good with thoose add-on plates...

Are they for looks only or will they help protect against hand-held nasties...?

Doesn't it look cool? I haven't had a situation where they came into play but other testers have and have said that they work. 

On 6/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, Vacilllator said:

No worries, don't think I've seen one in-game, just noticed it in the JuJu interface graphics files (which are nice).

Lol, my editing skills are sadly lacking 😔

AFAIK the Pz Faust 100 is also in CMFB. 

19 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Perhaps now is a good time to step back and show what the current situation is. The only things that can't be seen in this screenshot is the SPW 251/21 and some of 6th Company.

The blue circles are known German AFVs (also the yellow circle...I somehow screwed that up 🙂 ) The blue circle that doesn't have sound contacts is where I believe there are 2 TDs that did all the killing on the Street of Death. 

The red circles are my tanks. The yellow arrow is pointing to where I have an OT-34 that is barely in the shot. At first blush the armor count seems pretty close to even. However, I have not mentioned this because I keep hoping to dig it out, I have an OT-34 in the screenshot near Jagermeister. I was moving this between buildings very early in the battle and it got stuck. I feel like I've tried everything to move it out and if anyone has any secrets for moving stuck tanks I'd love to hear it. Where it is stuck it still has LOS to some areas that will be helpful if he moves into them but I'm not able to move it. 

The purple circle shows where the 6th Company is. I have not committed them. The SMG Company is finally starting to get thin. I am considering moving the 6th's SMG Platoon to support them. 

Some of the infantry that was having the attrition battle have either routed or I've pulled them back to provide some protection for the tanks near Berliner Weisse. 

Another thing that I just realized isn't in the screenshot are the on map 82mm mortars. The only thing that I have used them for so far is smoke. Part of me thinks that I should move them somewhere that they could be used for direct fire. Part of me thinks I should call in some indirect fire. I just don't see a good place to do either of those things yet....so they sit and wait.

This is after 45 minutes of battle. Exactly halfway through. I still feel confident that I have hurt him in places and that I'm not in terrible shape. That said, I no longer feel that I am in good shape either.  

45_3.jpg

Nice updates!

I wondered though, why is the loss of that single tank (from the SPW251/21) such a problem? 

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

Nice updates!

I wondered though, why is the loss of that single tank (from the SPW251/21) such a problem? 

I gave me a defeated feeling. I hadn't done anything stupid with it. I'd placed it in what seemed like a good spot. I'd already lost more tanks than I expected. And then BOOM. It felt like that 1 tank had shifted the armor power from being about equal (in my mind) to me being behind. We're only halfway through and all of this could be my imagination. There was just something about it.......

On 6/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, BFCElvis said:

Also, I haven't figured out yet if it is a bug or a map issue but the guys I was bringing in to help ran to the door of the building that I wanted them to enter and then ran away and took a different path into the line of fire of the bad guys that they were being tasked with taking out. Not cool. Totally not cool. All doors in all Combat Mission titles are unusable if the ground outside the door is higher than the bottom of the door. I see this often done intentionally. This door doesn't appear to be that kind of set up but when we're done I'll take a look at the map in the editor or see if @benpark did it on purpose. I a wrecked environment it definitely makes sense to have doors blocked by debris. Being careful, particularly in critical moments,  is good advise that I should follow myself.

46_5.jpg

46_6.jpg

46_4.jpg

This is sad to see...

Any issiues with pathfinding and doors better be resolved before release....

Expericing situations like this will be very frustrating ! There should be no doubt wether a door is usable or not...

Berlin being a center-piece of this module...it would be a miss if urban fighting does not work proparly...

28 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

This is sad to see...

Any issiues with pathfinding and doors better be resolved before release....

Expericing situations like this will be very frustrating ! There should be no doubt wether a door is usable or not...

Berlin being a center-piece of this module...it would be a miss if urban fighting does not work proparly...

Agreed and it is a good time to remind folks about the 1st paragraph in this AAR. This is a Beta version of the game.