Gun Crew Won’t Unhide

There were enemy spotters nearby calling in nasty artillery.  To avoid being targeted, i hid my 88m flak gun crew until i could kill all known spotters.  Killed the spotters, unhid my crew and.... nothing.  See photo below:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nv9q0rcuj1f9jn/IMG_3813.JPG?dl=0

The crew remained face down on the ground, unable to target anything, despite hiding and unhiding repeatedly, pausing and unpausing repeatedly, and waiting 1-2 minutes for them to resume their position behind the guns.  These guns were central to my defense against 4 sherman tanks.  

Crack gun crew, rested, ok morale, all green c2, taking no fire, won’t unhide.  What gives?  Am i missing something stupid?  Is there some order i need to give to reattach these guys to the gun?  

Edited by jxrey
Typo

Once a crew leaves a gun they cannot return and use it again.  It has been discussed and requested that this behavior is changed so players can do what you attempted.  IIRC the counter argument was that crews disable their gun when abandoning it.  Yes, I know, you weren't abandoning the gun you were just trying to keep the gun crew safe.  But this is how it works in the game.  Maybe someday it will be changed.  

Does the UI indicate each man is actually “hiding?” Or are you basing that on their visual behaviour? 

if it’s cowering, pinned, or something other than “hiding” then the men are reacting to the perceived threat, IMO and while not obeying an order to “hide,” they are trying to not get hit.

Edited by Bud Backer

Correct,  I hid the crew and then could not unhide them.  Here is the save:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7br5csp7h1llmk/A Moment in Time 039.bts?dl=0   Sorry, I probably should have sent it straight off.  Also notice the gun ammo crew firing and attracting attention even though I had them paused.   The mission is:  Normandy-A moment in time- Hell's Highway.  Game engine 4.  

From what I see from the save file the crew is not in hide mode. It also does not react to face or TA orders. If one sets a target on nearest possible action spot (same unit position actually) the gunner starts an endless move gun up/down and 90° left - right cycle. Either gun is "damaged" or has something to do with the gun squeezed between trees and the trench arrangement. Who knows.... 

As above guncrew does seems in a weird lay low loop - only way to get them up and going was to give them a target fire order within their visibility range i.e 5m or so then they jumped out of their fugue and traversed the aim of the gun ( triedto keep ahead of them not allowing them to actually fire just in case the HE caused self inflicted casualties at such close range)

Once that was achieved they would accept additional commands again as fast as I could give em in real time. And cooly took out a pesky Sherman.

screenshot_1972.jpg