StuG III bounced a 152mm APHE

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Bet they have quite a headache now.

This happened in a PBEM.

I do hope the StuG III crews got a blindsight, deaf ears and a headache after the hit, apparently they are totally fine .  They quickly fired 3 shots put my ISU-152 out of action, then knocked out a T-34/76 at the end of the turn.

The next turn begin with breath hold and finger crossed. My last T-34/76 reached the destination 18m away from the StuG III, the TC got the StuG III on sight. So the next turn begin with T-34/76 rotating turret and the StuG III change the facing. It took 5 seconds before the shot fired but to me it feels like forever. Anyway, the T-34/76 fired first, a lucky shot. The AP partially penetrated through the driver vision port , the driver killed, other 3 bailed out. The 2nd shot was a ricochet. 3rd one partially penetrated the StuG III's low hull, causing a fire....

What a fight...