Windows session and scenario/save access

Hi there,

Sorry if my question is dumb, but after browsing through the different topics that could look similar I haven't been able to solve my issue:

I have CMBS installed with my windows session (I am the computer administrator) and that works perfectly fine.

Now my son would like to play and from his windows session (NOT administrator rights) but whilst he can launch the game, he has no access to scenarii or campaigns.

I have read in the other help topics (and in the FAQ I think) that it was related to CMBS looking into the installer's program files, which are hidden for other sessions.

Therefore I tried installing the game from his session but it didn't help (I didn't uninstall it from my session, though).

I'm wondering if you guys would have any way to ensure I can keep playing from my session and he can start playing from his own ?

Thanks a lot

Nital

1 hour ago, Nital6397 said:

Now my son would like to play and from his windows session (NOT administrator rights) but whilst he can launch the game, he has no access to scenarii or campaigns.

At a guess, you need to share your User/Documents/Battlefront/Combat Mission Black Sea folder (I believe that's the correct filepath, basically it's the folder in Documents) with your son's account.

I would guess that the solution would be what Sgt. Squarehead has said. However I'm surprised that installing the game while logged in on your son's account didn't work. The scenarios, campaigns and game saves are stored in each individual's 'user account'. Perhaps attempting to install the game in a different directory than the default might help (thus two copies installed). I would guess that the activation would remain in place with this second install (i.e. - no need to activate again).

Hey there,

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

I've tried giving my son's account access to the location where the game data is, but it didn't solve the problem. (the game still launches, but there's no scenario list displayed in the game).

I'm really puzzled by this, as I've checked from his account that the files are indeed visible... And I really think the access to files should be where the issue lies as my son has no problem playing CMBN (and I know the files location is different)...