Sign in to follow this  
travh20

UI Not Found error when trying to launch after new install

Hello, I was trying to install the game again after a very long time (9 years) after buying the Normandy game.  It seemed to install correctly but it gives an error window that says UI not found. Please check  that you have the proper UI resource files.  Anyone seen that or know how to fix it?

You need at least the 2.0 Upgrade for Windows 10. The copy-protection system that is in CMBN 1.x does not support Windows 10 and will give you the 'UI not found' error.

Do you have any of the Upgrades or just the 1.x version ? If you haven't purchased any upgrades, then you may want to purchase the CMBN 3.0 + 4.0 Upgrade Bundle for US$15.00. This would get you the latest version of CMBN and allow you to install with the all-in-one 4.0 Upgrade installer that is fully patched. You would just need to activate the 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrade license key(s) and it should be ready to go (the 1.x license key shouldn't be necessary, other than for Commonwealth bundles).

13 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

You need at least the 2.0 Upgrade for Windows 10. The copy-protection system that is in CMBN 1.x does not support Windows 10 and will give you the 'UI not found' error.

Do you have any of the Upgrades or just the 1.x version ? If you haven't purchased any upgrades, then you may want to purchase the CMBN 3.0 + 4.0 Upgrade Bundle for US$15.00. This would get you the latest version of CMBN and allow you to install with the all-in-one 4.0 Upgrade installer that is fully patched. You would just need to activate the 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrade license key(s) and it should be ready to go (the 1.x license key shouldn't be necessary, other than for Commonwealth bundles).

Excellent!  Thank you sir.  I wound up downloading 3 and 4 seperatly. 3 worked fine and i played a quick game, then i installed 4 it stopped on the load screen and it says i need to use the new product key utility which I cannot find!