NEW WIN 10 MACHINE INSTALL PROBLEMS

Erwin

Since Saurdaker borrowed my thread for his own problems I thought I'd best start a new one.

I know we were all hoping that my new very smart machine would somehow figure out the issue on it's own and everything would start working today.  But, computer says "no...".

To Recap:  The new Win 10 machine is totally virgin.  The only factory installed stuff that was installed prior to my attempts to get CM2 working:  MS Office Home & Biz 2019; Google Chrome; Firefox; Acrobat Reader; Defender Antivirus - plus of course the Win 7 UI.   I can check to see if there is anything else am unaware of, but that should be it.  (Am still using my Win 7 machine to work and communicate here.)

I vaguely recall when installing games on my (at the time new) Win 7 machine some years ago we had a similar problem that was caused by the AVG and one had to have it make exceptions.  But, I have not loaded any new security on the new Win 10 machine.  All it has is "Defender".  Does one have to make exceptions in that?

Also, I do not install any games to the default directory.  I create a SIMS directory and install all games to that folder.  Hasn't been a problem in past machines, but am mentioning it in case the new Win 10 version is different...

am trying to install all games on a brand new Win 10 machine.  

am hoping that our tech support friend is busy trying to figure out why an install of a CM2 game like CMFB which has no modules should be so problematic.

Edited by Erwin

Which exact 'Windows 7 UI' are you using, is it the latest (last) version of Classic Shell (4.3.1) or is it Open Shell (current 'fork' of Classic Shell - 4.4.142 being the latest) ? I will try to recreate what you're experiencing, though this system already has Avast installed.

Classic Shell stopped development back in August/December 2017. I don't know if there are any sort of issues between it and the latest releases of Windows 10.

Do you just have a 'SIMS' directory on the root of the drive (i.e. - C:\SIMS) and then 'CMFB', etc. as a subdirectory (i.e. - C:\SIMS\CMFB) ? Do you know if the game installs a subdirectory below what you specify (such as C:\SIMS\CMFB\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg) ?

Edited by Schrullenhaft

From my IT guy:  "...did not install any ‘Windows 7 version’.  I just changed the visual aspects of Start Menu.  I guarantee, that this has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.   FWIW:  It's called ‘Classic Shell’ or ‘Open Shell’.

Also, it’s highly unlikely that Windows Security/Defender causes issues. Never seen that.  You can expect weird behavior from third party security solutions … but not from Defender."

Edited by Erwin

Classic Shell or Open Shell is a piece of software that you install, it isn't a feature of Windows 10 that you change (i.e. - it's not built into Windows 10 to change as an option). It does more than simply change the visual aspects of the Start Menu, depending on what you install. It's unlikely to be the cause of the problem, but I wanted to see how it might interact with the installation and launching of files in case there is some unknown issue. Can you ask which exact one he installed and if he installed just the Classic Start Menu ?

Windows Defender rarely causes any sort of problem. It is typically a 'passive scanner', so it usually doesn't interfere with any active processes like CM or other programs. During a scan it CAN possibly flag/quarantine files, but that isn't what is occurring here.

With the 'Classic Shell Start Menu' (4.3.1) installed (and no other options installed for Classic Shell), I was able to install and activate CMFB 2.02 (4.0 Engine) to the 'C:\SIMS\BF\CMFB\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg' directory. Since this computer has Avast installed, I temporarily disabled it during installation and activation. I activated the 4.0 Upgrade license key first (a mix up - I had intended to license with the Base Game license key first).  I exited from the 'success' dialog box and attempted to run the game again, but it wouldn't. I had to launch the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del > Task Manager) and in the Processes tab I had to end the 'CM Final Blitzkrieg (32 bit)' application (I think it was listed as a 'Background process' rather than an App). I was then able to launch the game again (using 'Run as administrator' - it didn't seem to want to run otherwise) and the license dialog box came up and I provided the Base Game license key. With a successful activation of that license key I exited from the Success dialog box (rather than clicking 'Play') and made sure that the CM Final Blitzkrieg executable wasn't running in the Task Manager. The next launch the game came up fine. After exiting CMFB I re-enabled the Avast software and the game continued to launch fine and didn't seem to require the 'Run as administrator' option.

This particular PC has a GeForce RTX 2070 Super with the 445.87 driver (nothing setup for CM within the 3D Settings for Nvidia), running Windows 10 Pro v. 1909 with the latest updates. The CMFB installer (a .rar compressed file) was extracted with 7zip. The computer uses an 'Administrator' account that is local (not an MS online account, though that shouldn't be an issue to my knowledge).

So with your setup being 'virgin', I'm not sure what to suggest if you've been able to successfully activate both the 4.0 Upgrade and Base Game license keys (for CMFB) and 'Run as administrator' doesn't seem to help. The 'Activate New Products' shortcut found in your CMFB directory can be used to activate the second license key, rather than running the game executable again (although that is what the 'Activate New Products' shortcut is actually doing). Make sure that 'CM Final Blitzkrieg (32 bit)' isn't running in the background as that will prevent the game from launching (in a visible manner).

It shouldn't be necessary, but if you want to add an exception within Windows Defender it can be done. Again this should only have an effect when Defender does a scan of the system.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

8 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

the 'C:\SIMS\BF\CMFB\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg' directory.

FWIW: My directory is  C:\SIMS\BF\CMFB.   The game installs into CMFB.  I do not have a folder "Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg" as it seemed superfluous.  (That's what I did in my other machines and the games run fine.)

8 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

I activated the 4.0 Upgrade license key first (a mix up - I had intended to license with the Base Game license key first).  I exited from the 'success' dialog box and attempted to run the game again, but it wouldn't.

Yes, if one activates the 4.0 upgrade first one cannot get the activation box to activate the base game itself.  So, the order of activations seems important.  But, I have tried it both ways.  But, I have yet to see anything running when I Ctrl-Alt-Del.

In order to first get the files, I first d/l to my old computer, then copied to an ext HD (as I thought it's useful to have the "all-in-one" files for re-installing on other machines), then copied from the ext HD to the new machine where I installed and activated.   Could all the copying and transferring contaminate something?

Actually, I was able to activate the base game license key after activating the 4.0 Upgrade first. However, after the initial license activation and closing the dialog box, I had to kill the 'CM Final Blitzkrieg (32 bit)' (I believe it was in the 'Background process' portion of the Processes tab and NOT in the 'Apps' section). Launching the executable again, with a right-click and selecting 'Run as administrator' brought up the license dialog again and I entered the base game license key. The game would NOT launch until I did 'Run as administrator' at this point. However after the activations, the game would run without 'Run as administrator'.

If you look in your CMFB directory, there should be an 'Activate New Products' shortcut. Try that and see if it comes up. I would assume that if the game itself is not launching, then it is likely that this shortcut won't work either.

Copying the file around shouldn't "contaminate" it or anything, unless there is something really wrong with the file system on one of your drives. If you want, I can get the details on each of the file sizes (later tonight). In fact there are utilities where you can generate a checksum that should confirm the validity of a file (i.e. - that it isn't corrupt). Typically if there is something wrong with the files, then the installation may not go correctly (terminate early, give a system error or file read error, etc.).

4 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

If you look in your CMFB directory, there should be an 'Activate New Products' shortcut. Try that and see if it comes up. I would assume that if the game itself is not launching, then it is likely that this shortcut won't work either.

Yes, I always use that shortcut found in the game folder/directory since there never was any "Activate" shortcut created on my desktop by the installation process.  When I first installed the games, everything seemed to activate ok and I saw the "green windows" that tell one that Engine 4 and the Base Game (and in CMBS's case also the module) are all activated "successfully".

I'll give it another go tomorrow.  Maybe uninstall and reinstall everything.  However, it would be odd if both CMFB and CMBS had exactly the same installation issue.  Maybe I will let it install to the default directory.

BTW:  I just now tried the "Activate" shortcut in the game directory on my old Win 7 machine where all the games are running fine... and it doesn't work.  The activate window flashes on only for a small fraction of a second and nothing else happens. Is that what should happen when the game is activated and running properly?

Launching the 'Activate New Products' shortcut (with a CMFB copy that is already activated fully) results in the license dialog box coming up. It has to be closed to go away (so it shouldn't be 'flashing' and going away). I believe I have the game set to use 'Run as administrator' via the shortcut options so I get a confirmation dialog to run the game and then a blank/black window and then finally the license dialog box comes up (in its own window). The 'Activate New Products' shortcut is actually launching the game, but with the "-showui" command line option tacked on. This brings up the licensing dialog box. I wish there was a command line option to show what has already been activated (with some sort of confirmation that the activation is still good and hasn't been invalidated).

13 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

results in the license dialog box coming up. It has to be closed to go away (so it shouldn't be 'flashing' and going away)

FYI: I was trying the Activate shortcut on my Win 7 machine , so may not be relevant to the new Win 10 machine.  Anyhow, everything works fine on my Win 7 machine.  Will check the Win 10 machine later.

Had another thought.  When I got the Win 10 machine the first thing I did was go through all the privacy checklists and turn everything I could find "off" for what I hope was max privacy and minimum sending info/data to MS (or anyone). 

Could that have somehow sabotaged the BF CM2 activation process (if that requires some sort of communication to activate)?  Even though I did see "Activation Successful" windows is there is anything else that needs to be communicated from my machine?

To my knowledge the licensing process is NOT dependent on any of the Windows 10 Privacy settings. Turning off all of these options should NOT block the licensing process (which I assume communicates via an HTTP/HTTPS port through any firewall/security-software). As far as I'm aware, once you get a 'success' message on activation, then you're good to go (licensing-wise). The only thing to change that status would be significant hardware changes (motherboard, CPU, maybe videocard, etc.) or reinstalling Windows, especially 'from scratch' (i.e. - reformatted and a fresh install, etc.). The copy-protection system does not make any contact with any server after the license activation process.

The most common culprits for when a game won't launch tends to be security software, particularly 'active' software that can block processes it doesn't recognize (an intentional feature of these security programs). Windows Defender doesn't have a feature like this, though it could potentially quarantine the game executables during a scan (this is where an exception could be helpful).

Updated efforts:

1)  Attempted to uninstall CMFB.  Everything deleted (including anything in the Documents\Battlefront folder) except the CM Final Blitzkrieg.exe file can't be deleted.  When I try manual deletion get message "...can't complete cos file open in CM Final Blitzkrieg.exe".  Do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to see Task manager.  But, no sign of CMFB running.  Have to reboot in order to delete this file.

2)  Downloaded new CMFB 2.02 installer from "big bundle" area direct to new machine and reinstalled.

3)  No desktop  "Activation" shortcut so go to game folder and use the shortcut there.  Base Game activation "successful".  Surprised that Engine 4.0 is already successful without me doing any further activation.  Input 4.0 activation code and activate Engine 4 anyway just in case. 

4)  When click on "Play" game doesn't run.  Tried "Run as Admin", but still doesn't run.  

5)  Task Manager says nothing running.

So, what now...?

Edited by Erwin

From my experience, after the license activation the game is still running. This is the case when you originally tried to uninstall the game and couldn't uninstall the .exe. It was still running. On the 'Processes' tab, under the 'Background processes' section (all on the same scroll-able list) look for the 'CM Final Blitzkrieg.exe (32 bit)'. It should be there. Make sure you're scrolling down the list (which on most computers should be pretty lengthy). The bottom portion will typically be the 'Windows processes' section and the game will NOT appear within there. End the game process and try to re-launch CMFB and it should hopefully come up. Or, as you experienced earlier, rebooting your computer (which shuts down CMFB) and then attempting to launch the game should also work.

When the game is running normally (full screen, etc.), then the Task Manager will show it under the 'Apps' section of the Processes tab.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

Under Programs & Feature I see a list of installed programs and for some reason both CMBS and CMFB are listed but are crossed out.  If I right-click or double-click on either the only option that comes up is "uninstall".

I don't see a "processes" or "background processes" tabs - maybe cos I have Win 7 shell?  Where located?

It makes no sense to me that I have a new clean machine and one cannot get any CM2 game to run.  

Since you only have the 'Classic Shell Start Menu' installed, the rest of your Windows 10 interface should be the same as a standard Windows 10. The attached image (hopefully it is big enough to see decently) shows the Windows 10 Task Manager. The 'Processes' tab is the default tab/view when you open it up. I've outlined in red the 'Apps' and 'Background processes' portions of that tab.

After activating the license key of a game and exit that dialog, the game will still be running, though you can't see anything on the screen. Opening up the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and looking through the 'Background processes' of the Processes tab should show the game executable listed. You may have to scroll with the scroll bar on the right of the Task Manager to possibly see the game listed within the Background processes. You then have to highlight the game's listing in the list and then click the 'End Task' button in the lower right to kill it and then you should be able to run the game (assuming there isn't something else blocking its functioning). In this particular screenshot CMFB is already licensed and running (as a 'foreground app') and it is shown in the 'Apps' section.

A reboot of the computer should also kill CMFB or any other CM game that has recently been activated. You should be able to run the game normally. If for some reason you are getting a license dialog box when you run a game that you believe you have already activated the appropriate license keys for, then there is some sort of issue with the licensing of that game. With the 4.0 Upgrades you often have to have both the 4.0 Upgrade license key activated and either the 3.0 Upgrade or the base game (if the base game is based on the 3.0 Engine). With games that are 3.0 Upgrade, you would have to activate both the 3.0 and 2.0 Upgrades (to my knowledge). The game shouldn't automatically come to the license dialog box for any modules. That requires the 'Activate New Products' shortcut (since the base game can run without them and thus it will not automatically bring up the licensing dialog box).

win10-task-manager.jpg

Edited by Schrullenhaft

I see that when I bought CMFB (3/18/16) it was Engine 3.  Does one need to also use the Engine 3 key for activation?  Does it matter that Engine 4 is already activated? 

Since I bought all the CM2 games when they were first released, do I have to use ALL the Engine keys available so far for each game?

In the case of CMFB you only have the base game (Engine 3) and the 4.0 Upgrade license keys. Some similar situations with CMRT and CMBS. With CMFI you have the 3.0 Upgrade and the 4.0 Upgrade (base game was at Engine 2). As far as I'm aware, you just need the 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrade license keys for CMFI to be playable (without modules). CMBN went from Engine 1 to Engine 4, but as far as I'm aware you only need the 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrade license keys to get the base game content running with the 4.0 Upgrade installer. The 2.0 Upgrade and 1.0 base game license keys would not need to be activated to my knowledge.

If you were to use the 3.0 Engine installer for CMBN, then you would need the 2.0 and 3.0 Upgrade license keys. As far as I'm aware you would not need the original 1.0 base game license key. In your original thread I detailed the license keys needed if you had everything (modules, battle packs, etc.) for all of the CM2 games.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

All I have is 2 Apps: Task Manager and Windows Explorer.

When I once again activate the base game I see that CMFB shows up as the 3rd App (NOT in "BG Processes").  About 9% CPU usage, 62.3MB Memory, and "Very High" Power usage.   

If I do not End Task and click PLAY from the activation screen, the App disappears.  If I close the Activation window, the App disappears.

I right click and End Task, then activate Engine 4.  Once again CMFB shows up in Apps.  I End Task again.

I go back to the CMFB folder and "Run as Admin".  Nothing happens and CMFB does not show up anywhere in the Task Manager.

If I start the game from the game folder, the CMFB App shows up for a fraction of a second then disappears.

Reboot your computer. Do NOT ACTIVATE the game any further. Open up the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del, select 'Task Manager') and minimize it. Now open up the File Explorer and browse to your game folder and just right-click on the CMFB executable (CM Final Blitzkrieg.exe) and select 'Run as administrator' from the popup menu. Maximize Task Manager and see if you can see the CMFB app load up. Does it only flash for a second and disappear ?

If the game is still disappearing at this point, then we got to figure out what is running on your computer since it would appear that something is interfering with the game's launch. You may want to try Microsoft's Process Explorer which can give you a few more details than Task Manager can about what is running on your system. When you extract this program (it doesn't do an 'install') run the 'procexp64.exe' and that will bring up the Process Explorer. With this you can launch it (instead of Task Manager) and then before launching CMFB, go to File > Save as and type a new name for the text file that will be saved. This will default to Process Explorer's directory and you can copy and paste that text up here and we can examine it for what may be running.

When I use the 'Activate New Products' shortcut (on a CMFB copy that is fully licensed at this point) the CMFB executable appears in the 'Apps' section of the Task Manager. My game/activation also launches with the 'Run as administrator' option, so I get the initial confirmation dialog and then the black/blank screen loads up and finally the license dialog box loads up. If I click 'Cancel' on the activation dialog, that dialog disappears, but the blank/black window remains. If I look in Task Manager the CMFB executable is now gone and not listed anywhere, BUT the blank/black window remains. Once I close that window, then under the 'Background Processes' section the CMFB executable is now listed, which I then need to highlight and then 'End task' on.

Also with the icons that you see in the 'Apps' control panel with 'red x's' over the CM games listed...these are simply uninstallers and that is the icon for them, so nothing wrong there.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

Per previous tests nothing happens.  Here is the Process Explorer read out:

Process    CPU    Private Bytes    Working Set    PID    Description    Company Name
Registry        5,552 K    23,496 K    168        
System Idle Process    99.59    60 K    8 K    0        
System    0.02    196 K    860 K    4        
 Interrupts    0.08    0 K    0 K    n/a    Hardware Interrupts and DPCs    
 smss.exe        1,156 K    1,220 K    492        
 Memory Compression        148 K    14,600 K    2156        
csrss.exe    < 0.01    2,068 K    5,496 K    688        
wininit.exe        1,656 K    6,608 K    780        
 services.exe        5,904 K    10,352 K    852        
  svchost.exe        904 K    3,688 K    136    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        10,624 K    26,936 K    528    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
   WmiPrvSE.exe        8,816 K    17,356 K    5008        
   StartMenuExperienceHost.exe        40,068 K    74,824 K    9424        
   RuntimeBroker.exe        4,268 K    23,788 K    5408    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation
   SearchUI.exe    Suspended    70,352 K    118,388 K    7496    Search and Cortana application    Microsoft Corporation
   RuntimeBroker.exe        2,036 K    8,032 K    8376    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation
   SettingSyncHost.exe        11,256 K    41,892 K    10928    Host Process for Setting Synchronization    Microsoft Corporation
   dllhost.exe        1,648 K    6,744 K    10312    COM Surrogate    Microsoft Corporation
   smartscreen.exe        11,916 K    38,768 K    4848    Windows Defender SmartScreen    Microsoft Corporation
   WmiPrvSE.exe        2,716 K    8,992 K    7664        
   dllhost.exe        3,124 K    10,572 K    2232        
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    7,400 K    15,140 K    1052    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,804 K    8,372 K    1108    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,612 K    5,752 K    1356    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        6,708 K    15,116 K    1392    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
   GoogleUpdate.exe        2,380 K    2,192 K    9624        
   taskhostw.exe        5,292 K    13,824 K    9332    Host Process for Windows Tasks    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,356 K    9,960 K    1400    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,216 K    12,176 K    1408    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,068 K    8,328 K    1420    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,868 K    9,816 K    1560    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
   sihost.exe        5,540 K    25,796 K    10172    Shell Infrastructure Host    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,640 K    5,752 K    1624    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        16,992 K    20,060 K    1780    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,316 K    10,580 K    1816    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,536 K    6,872 K    1856    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        5,456 K    9,248 K    1908    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  NVDisplay.Container.exe        5,276 K    16,504 K    1940    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation
   NVDisplay.Container.exe    < 0.01    32,600 K    53,280 K    3984        
  svchost.exe        2,340 K    7,300 K    1960    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,316 K    5,344 K    1128    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,604 K    12,448 K    1168    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        4,756 K    12,344 K    1216    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,092 K    7,324 K    1348    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,516 K    8,416 K    2064    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,236 K    9,072 K    2132    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,984 K    7,448 K    2208    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,720 K    6,740 K    2216    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,064 K    8,584 K    2328    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,000 K    7,144 K    2456    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,476 K    8,868 K    2620    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,740 K    6,060 K    2680    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,628 K    9,256 K    2684    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,224 K    14,436 K    2808    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        5,088 K    15,800 K    2844    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  spoolsv.exe        7,056 K    18,816 K    2972    Spooler SubSystem App    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        11,340 K    20,024 K    3024    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,116 K    7,508 K    2720    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        4,396 K    13,500 K    3320    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,604 K    6,184 K    3336    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
   dasHost.exe        8,988 K    19,860 K    3888        
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    8,608 K    18,212 K    3344    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    11,132 K    19,744 K    3352    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        16,688 K    26,404 K    3360    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  IPROSetMonitor.exe        2,564 K    9,852 K    3368    Intel® PROSet Monitoring Service    Intel Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,564 K    6,064 K    3376    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  armsvc.exe        1,344 K    6,412 K    3384    Adobe Acrobat Update Service    Adobe Systems
  svchost.exe        4,600 K    20,312 K    3392    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,312 K    5,248 K    3396    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,988 K    7,776 K    3408    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  RtkAudUService64.exe        2,336 K    8,840 K    3440    Realtek HD Audio Universal Service    Realtek Semiconductor
  nvcontainer.exe    0.01    14,408 K    38,092 K    3476    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation
   nvcontainer.exe        9,516 K    24,804 K    9900    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation
  MsMpEng.exe    0.01    217,952 K    209,464 K    3560    Antimalware Service Executable    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,620 K    5,812 K    3760    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,064 K    10,956 K    3812    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,752 K    12,212 K    3956    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,340 K    11,472 K    4036    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        27,860 K    36,060 K    4972    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    2,884 K    8,764 K    3264    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        4,248 K    21,636 K    5244    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,764 K    7,340 K    5272    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
   ctfmon.exe        3,696 K    14,016 K    8248        
  svchost.exe        4,660 K    13,976 K    6268    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  NisSrv.exe        6,040 K    10,296 K    6656    Microsoft Network Realtime Inspection Service    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        5,488 K    19,152 K    6784    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    7,960 K    18,904 K    6948    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        4,140 K    18,172 K    7232    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,192 K    11,544 K    7256    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,608 K    6,624 K    10068    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,944 K    9,412 K    10140    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  SecurityHealthService.exe        4,908 K    16,232 K    9636    Windows Security Health Service    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    2,068 K    10,692 K    9568    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        5,060 K    20,952 K    11116    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,164 K    9,804 K    3908    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,596 K    5,440 K    10380    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  jhi_service.exe        1,304 K    6,392 K    1196    Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface    Intel Corporation
  LMS.exe        3,408 K    13,060 K    10400    Intel(R) Local Management Service    Intel Corporation
  SgrmBroker.exe        3,288 K    5,876 K    9512    System Guard Runtime Monitor Broker Service    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,480 K    9,108 K    10688    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,716 K    10,324 K    11084    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,068 K    7,152 K    9416    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,228 K    8,900 K    3132    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,524 K    6,228 K    7028    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  WUDFHost.exe        1,988 K    8,228 K    9792        
  svchost.exe        1,916 K    7,180 K    8452    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        58,988 K    86,216 K    6672    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,260 K    9,604 K    5112    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        4,916 K    16,756 K    8972    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        37,116 K    60,300 K    6560    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        12,220 K    25,456 K    6200    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        6,096 K    27,524 K    1684    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        7,132 K    30,548 K    1712    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,104 K    17,580 K    6796    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,764 K    7,140 K    10856    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,280 K    5,500 K    8120    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,184 K    9,304 K    8320    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        3,048 K    12,416 K    1736    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    2,336 K    7,332 K    8408    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        4,192 K    14,176 K    4516    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        2,592 K    10,880 K    2540    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  OfficeClickToRun.exe        40,224 K    63,284 K    1868    Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (SxS)    Microsoft Corporation
   AppVShNotify.exe        1,736 K    7,408 K    9056        
   AppVShNotify.exe        1,836 K    7,956 K    1324    AppVShNotify    Microsoft Corporation
  SearchIndexer.exe        19,640 K    20,252 K    192    Microsoft Windows Search Indexer    Microsoft Corporation
   SearchProtocolHost.exe        2,648 K    12,956 K    4656        
   SearchFilterHost.exe        1,996 K    8,492 K    8884        
  msiexec.exe        7,520 K    16,432 K    10132    Windows® installer    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,688 K    7,444 K    9728    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
  svchost.exe        1,652 K    7,020 K    8208    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation
 lsass.exe        7,920 K    18,140 K    872    Local Security Authority Process    Microsoft Corporation
 fontdrvhost.exe        1,380 K    3,120 K    568        
csrss.exe    0.01    2,484 K    5,108 K    10992        
winlogon.exe        2,628 K    9,968 K    1956        
 fontdrvhost.exe        1,956 K    4,944 K    10000        
 dwm.exe    0.02    52,692 K    58,736 K    1812        
explorer.exe    0.02    81,740 K    144,192 K    4368    Windows Explorer    Microsoft Corporation
 StartMenu.exe        2,908 K    12,076 K    7812    Open-Shell Menu    Open-Shell
 SecurityHealthSystray.exe        1,760 K    8,664 K    3056    Windows Security notification icon    Microsoft Corporation
 procexp64.exe    0.14    37,192 K    74,136 K    1364    Sysinternals Process Explorer    Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
NVIDIA Web Helper.exe    < 0.01    36,316 K    53,000 K    3612    NVIDIA Web Helper Service    Node.js
 conhost.exe        6,516 K    11,020 K    7184    Console Window Host    Microsoft Corporation
Taskmgr.exe    0.09    24,076 K    46,320 K    10908