M2 Canister Round--Shot Impact Zone

Was trying to find this info for one of my CoC colleagues in the M3 (towed) and M6 (portee) 37 mm Guns, but failed miserably. Happily, I found the data in the tank manual, Page 92 shows the fully developed pattern was 20 yards wide and could go as far as 200 yards. Before that ( the first 70 yards), the pattern is a a very narrow cone. Interestingly, the manual says the M2 may be fired while stationary or moving.

FM23-81.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2BakvG4hTFnUet6x1

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Wow, just wow. I am blown away by that( no pun intended).

Suffered the same. Was looking for the length of the Garand, believing it to be 1,105 mm. I failed miserably. 

but then i found it, and was completely taken by surprise, this weapon which was used in the pacific theatre had a staggering lenght of, just wait.... a mindblowing 1,107 mm( and that is without the standard edition bajonet). And that is MILLIMETERS my gents. I was chocked.

yours sincerely

Yet another mindblowing example of russian greatness. 

According to my private sources within the former kgb(behind triple vpn, 1024 bit military grade x encryption, i still use the same licence from my retirement from the NSA, just for keeping contacts etc), Stalin much preferred the Arisaka over the Mosin. 

Best regards

Ukraine is (was?) remanufacturing old Mosin Nagants into sniper rifles, replacing the stocks and adding modern optics. US did much the same thing with the M14 early in the Iraq war. They couldn't turn the Garand into a proper sniper rifle because the sight mount was doing unfortunate things to the receiver, reducing accuracy which is something you don't want for a sniper rifle.

We seem to have wandered a bit off topic. ^_^

mosin sniper.png

Whatsa matta you don't like the Nagant EBR?? The helpful thing that can be said about a polymer stock is that at least it won't catch fire rapid firing the gun the way the wooden stock of the Czar's finest rifles would. If you can rapid fire it that is. I'm not sure how guys managed to work the bolt on the M1938 that fast because no matter what condition the gun is in you either need some seriously strong hands or a crowbar to work that damn handle. 

They did get around to fixing the sight issue with the M1C and just redesignated the rifle the M1D. Course I think the even more ridiculous case of defective American WW2 small arms was the M1903A4. The US Army somehow managed to break a perfectly fine bolt action rifle just by removing a single groove in the rifling to produce a "sniper" rifle that was despised by snipers and marksmen alike. The Marines of course, never ones to go home when they can go big, stuck with their own M1903A3 sniper mods that all came with an attached Hubble Space Telescope for shooting the Captain off a moving Japanese Destroyer cruising through Iron Bottom Sound...from Oahu.