Black screen upon launch - FI demo, mac

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place for tech queries - I couldn't find anywhere else.

I'm trying to run the Fortress Italy demo, downloaded today off the official site.  When running the demo for the first time, I must first let it be run as an unauthorised piece of software.  Once I've done this, I get the following screens upon running the demo:

1.png

2.png

Clicking launch will then give me a black screen - no sound.  I can alt-tab out of it and force quit, but relaunching does the same thing.  I've tried forcing the computer to run on the dedicated GPU - no change.

System info below:

3.png

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers all!

• 2 weeks later...

I do know that using the GPU or not shouldn't make a difference. I used to have the same computer, now have a 2019 13" (with no GPU). Either way on yours should work. It's not your computer. Your specs are better than mine (except for the Intel onboard graphics but that's MORE than enough).

Obviously that doesn't fix it 🙂

[edit] I downloaded the demo and confirmed this on my own MacBook Pro. Something else to add to the list. The latest update to Catalina seems to have broken a few things here and there.

Edited by Ultradave