Mod doesnt work in campaign, problems with uniforms of soldiers

Hi Guys

Just on question i installed in game folder/data/Z  mod: Oleksandr-CMBS-infantry-UKR-Ground-Forces. The mod doesnt wrok in campaign and battles, UAF soldiers still wear dark green uniform (picture), although it works in quick battles. Other vehicles mods and sound mod works just fine everywhere. What i did wrong? Thx in advance.

CM Black Sea 2020-04-26 17-23-52.jpg

Edited by gamerannn

First thing is make sure you rename the folder in which the desired mod files are kept with at least one "Z" in front of the name so that it loads last.  eg "Z DESIRED MOD".

If you are going to use a lot of mods, I recommend that you create a bunch of subfolders like: Z SFX; Z TERRAIN & WEATHER; Z UNIFORMS; Z UI; Z SOUNDS; etc.plus a "ZZ DESIRED MODS" folder for new or experimental mods you want to check out before putting em in one of the existing folders.  

Thnks Erwin, I am doing as U adviced,  but the UAF soldiers keep wearing stock uniforms in campaign which destroys immersion... I put this mod into CMBS\Data\Z folder and game still keeps using old uniforms in campaign 😒 Are campaigns predefined which uniforms are to be used? I am trying to change UAF soldeirs in Shield of Kiev camp.

Not sure what else to suggest other than make sure there are no other uniform mods in your Z folder.  Also, just to be sure, create a new ZZ subfolder inside your Z folder and put your desired (uniform or other) mods in that new ZZ subfolder.  

It's possible that there exist mod tags on some other mod(s) that are conflicting.  But, that should not happen if you are running a vanilla copy of the game with no other mods.

Try RezExploding the 'black sea v100a.brz' file and looking in the soldiers folder to directly compare the file names in the game to the mod files you've got. And to make sure you've got enough versions to over-write the default art.

Edited by MikeyD

Just as an outlier in case no one has considered it:

There are two uniform options for the Ukrainians in vanilla Black Sea: Standard and Digital Camo. It might be that the mod only changes the Digital Camo uniform and the pixeltruppen in the campaign are set to wear Standard.

48 minutes ago, Hapless said:

Just as an outlier in case no one has considered it:

There are two uniform options for the Ukrainians in vanilla Black Sea: Standard and Digital Camo. It might be that the mod only changes the Digital Camo uniform and the pixeltruppen in the campaign are set to wear Standard.

My guess was that it was a possible mod tag, but if it's a stock campaign the only way that would happen is what you suggested (which never occurred to me). I completely forgot that unis can be assigned in the editor! I was baffled how a tag would've got there. DUH! Good call!

Mord.

Edited by Mord