Anyone playing game with 2080ti ?

I also upgraded from an i7-920 at 4 Ghz with a GTX 970 to an i9-9900 at 5 Ghz with a 2070 Super and I did see some difference in the CMx2 games.

With the frame rates locked at 30 fps, I can play bigger scenarios with higher graphics set and keep at 30 fps more easily than I could with the old system. With the old system I sometimes had to turn down the Model Quality to Improved or even Balanced to maintain 30 fps while with the new system I can run most scenarios with the Model Quality up to Better or even Excellent and still keep 30 fps.

Edited by WallysWorld

On 4/14/2020 at 7:39 PM, WallysWorld said:

I also upgraded from an i7-920 at 4 Ghz with a GTX 970 to an i9-9900 at 5 Ghz with a 2070 Super and I did see some difference in the CMx2 games.

With the frame rates locked at 30 fps, I can play bigger scenarios with higher graphics set and keep at 30 fps more easily than I could with the old system. With the old system I sometimes had to turn down the Model Quality to Improved or even Balanced to maintain 30 fps while with the new system I can run most scenarios with the Model Quality up to Better or even Excellent and still keep 30 fps.

I mostly play at huge maps. With regimental size forces, or more. And max Graphics settings. Maybe that´s why I dont see much of a differance? Exept for much faster loading times! At small to medium sized scenarios, I probably would.

You'll get fps increases and be able to handle larger maps with more action etc etc after a processor upgrade. Probably to an extent limited by the games code as others have said. I was easily able to play 5k x 5k maps with normal fps (especially on balanced mode - a new fav of mine). I used to play fine on a i5 2500k. Now I have a i5 9600k. I think I felt a marginal increase in firefight fps after. I tested it. Cant remember though