The most "must need mods"

Hi

I have played CM since CMBB. But never ever used mods. The last 2 years+, only becouse I was to change to a new computer at any day now. That unfortunately did not happen until october 2019. So I have a brand new (almost) Computer, with every CM game, except CMBN installed. With all  modules.

I want to know! where to put the mod files? And which mods to go for? Especially for CMBS, and CMSF 2! But CMRT is going quite hot at home too!

59 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So comprehensive that a second CM:SF2 install is recommended!  ;)

If I uninstall, and install again on the same computer. Do I need to unlicence the game? Before uninstalling? I have all CM games installed, on my daughters computer also. But that one, is only 12 feet away. From my Office, to her room.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You can just install to a different directory on the same computer.....Keep in mind that some files (those in User/Documents) are shared between installs, so mods need to go to each game's Data/z folder at the install location (create a z folder if you don't have one).

Thanks again! And wich soundmods are best? Both for WW2, and the modern titles? And can you combine, two soundmods? And is there any other mod, thats good? Many questions now 😄 

Edited by Armorgunner

One can go through all the mods individually and look at them or (if wav's) play them so you can hear the sound.  You can spend many happy hours, days and weeks (maybe months) not playing the game, but mixing and matching sound mods to your hearts delight. 

Many sound mods (as well as graphics mods) can be used in the game at the same time so long as they are numbered appropriately.  The system will choose alternative mods randomly.  If two mods have exactly the same name and number only one will ever appear in the game.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:23 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So comprehensive that a second CM:SF2 install is recommended!  ;)

Technically it's not in the recommendations (which mostly refer to game settings)... you can just stick the pack in your mod folder & then remove it whenever you want to go back to Syria.

Heaven & Earth does come with its own sound mod.