Been procrastinating on getting this finished for two years. I finally decided to sit down and get it done. Explanation can be found here.

Sent it off to @Bootie. If it doesn't make it on by tonight I'll link to Mediafire until he can get to it.

GgpBMvQ.jpg

Mord.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Great.  What changes did you make?

I created sound files for vehicle hits that cause burning, slight damage, and no effect, which previously didn't exist for the Syrians (see link to thread above). Instead of random allahu akbars being screamed all over the place you will only hear them (with various intensity) when targets are hit (which was my original desire back when I first created this circa 2009).

Mord.

Edited by Mord

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Looking forward to it - really helps the immersion.

Yeah, it sounds very cool.

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Thanks Mord! And thank you for the recent portraits, if I didn’t thank you already.

You're welcome, brother! Took a while after you emailed me those portraits but I got her done. I don't think I have ever been as burnt out on modding as I was after the SF2 portraits. I seriously thought about giving it up. Just needed a very long break I suppose.

OK. Here's the Mediafire link until Bootie shows up with his magic.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x62g904y3qpx143/Mord%2527s_Allah%2527s_Army_Sound_Mod_V_2.0.zip/file

Mord.

52 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Will this work in CMA and/or CMBS?

You'd have to rename the prefix to whatever country you are using them for. For instance in BS you'd need to change "arabic hit burning vehicle 0" to "ukrainian hit burning vehicle 0". 

I just ran a test in SF1 and they don't work, so they won't work in CMA either.

Mord.

I made a mention about not knowing whether it'd work in SF1 in the readme. I didn't bother to say anything about other titles because it was a specific mod geared toward Shock Force 2 and Arabic nations which precludes FI/BN/BS/RT/FB and CMA because of it's pre CMBN architecture.

Mord.

Checking through the new sounds I noticed in the "chatter" folder, that there were 3 or 4 new voice files, but most files seemed to be the same as original.  Is that correct?  What I did is simply rename the 3 or 4 brand new "chatter" files with new number extensions so that they all now exist in the updated folder.  

@Erwin I don't know what you mean by "same as the original". For the most part there shouIdn't be any duplicates between the four folders. I had them numbered 43, 44, 45, 46 so as not to overwrite any of the stock chatter files. Of course you can do with them as you please but that's why they were such high numbers compared to the other folders.

Mord.

Uh oh... maybe I already did some number editing a long time ago and forgot.

Currently in my CMSF2 SOUNDS folder I have "Mord's" A&U Base" + "Mord's Allah's Army Mod v1" + "...Allah's Army v2.0".

A&U Base "chatter" has 0 - 18

v1 has "chatter" numbers 43 - 68 (in my folder, possibly renumbered to keep all options)

(I couldn't find "chatter" 19-42, where would those be located?)

When I compare v1 and v2 sounds re "hit burning vehicle", + "...damaged vehicle" + "...little effect" folders, most, perhaps all, sound the same to me.

I enjoy your mods so much that when I hear sounds that I don't want to lose, I renumber the files so as to keep all the options available.  But, that may have created chaos now.  :(

Edited by Erwin

The Army/USMC mod has no connection to the Allah's Army mod. One is American voices the other Arabic.

I designed Allah's Army version 2 to replace version 1. When I originally designed version 1 it was for SF1 and there were no vehicle hit sound files whatsoever, so I had to sprinkle the Allahu Akbar screams throughout ALL the sound files or else you'd never hear them (however they were out of context). NOW that I've added in the vehicle hit sound files into SF2 you don't need version one. The context NOW fits because now they scream it when they actually hit/burn/blow something up/hit but do no damage instead of just screaming it randomly while running, walking etc.

I moved a lot of the chatter files to the "hit little effect" folder. You are not losing any sounds really, they've all just been moved around. Each folder has it's own unique files now, no repeats unless I made a mistake here and there (some sounds do sound similar). That way you always get different expressions (and emotional states) for different situations. If you want to experience the mod as intended delete what you have now and reinstall version 2. If you have insurgents screaming Allahu Akbar in every situation (with no context) it kinda ruins the uniqueness of the sound files.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Thanks Mord.  Willdo...

What was confusing was there is a large number of folders in v1 and only 4 folders in v2.  eg: v2 has no "light target vehicle" WAV files.  Is this covered by one of the new folders in v2, or it's just not needed in CMSF2?

Re the chatter folder you are saying that 0-42 are part of the original CMSF2 game install wav files?

Edited by Erwin

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

What was confusing was there is a large number of folders in v1 and only 4 folders in v2.  eg: v2 has no "light target vehicle" WAV files.

Exactly. Because I needed the Allahu Akbars to be spread over all the various files to achieve the half-assed effect that SF1 would allow me. Now, instead of them screaming Allahu Akbar when they target (or anything else) they'll scream it when they score a hit (depending on the type of hit they may sound more excited). Ex: a hit that causes burning gets the loudest and most aggressive Allahu Akbars.

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Is this covered by one of the new folders in v2, or it's just not needed in CMSF2?

Not needed as per my previous explanations. Only the three folders with three separate file types are needed (the extra chatter files were just thrown in for the helluvit).

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Re the chatter folder you are saying that 0-42 are part of the original CMSF2 game install wav files?

Yes.

Mord.