Not dead yet

This may belong in an already open thread, in which case my apologies for starting an unnecessary one, but I am pressed for time at the moment and can't spend a lot here yet. But I did want to bring friends and colleagues up to date.

On December 20th. I suffered a fall which fractured my upper right arm and had to spend the next three months in a nursing facility more or less incommunicado. I only arrived back home Monday and am scrambling to pick up where I left off. I had for instance 751 emails waiting for me which I have so far only managed to put a small dent in.

Anyway, expect to hear more from me in the future. For some inexplicable reason, I missed you guys.

:D

Michael

Welcome back and a belated merry crimbo & new year !  You're absence has been noted and accounts debt will be making deductions for time off without notice. You could have still used your left arm or, like Christy Brown, used your left foot to let us know you weren't in full working order but otherwise okay.

Now you've emerged I hope you're safety bunkered down and wrapped in cotton wool and being treated as a national treasure, during these tipsy turvy days.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Apologies in advance if this has been posted previously.  I did a search and wasn't able to find anything...

I took a break and was away from the game and forum for several years, only returning 4-6 mmonths ago.  I've never posted a lot, but have always been around.  It occurred to me this morning that I didn't recall seeing any recent posts by Mr. Emrys.  So, I searched for Michael  on the forum and found that his last post was from April of 2020.  This revelation sent me to an internet search where I found the following from the Port Townsend Leader.

https://www.ptleader.com/stories/michael-emrys,78502

With a population of less than 10,000 in Port Townsend, I'm afraid this is our man

Edited by Rake

15 minutes ago, Rake said:

Apologies in advance if this has been posted previously.  I did a search and wasn't able to find anything...

I took a break and was away from the game and forum for several years, only returning 4-6 mmonths ago.  I've never posted a lot, but have always been around.  It occurred to me this morning that I didn't recall seeing any recent posts by Mr. Emrys.  So, I searched for Michael  on the forum and found that his last post was from April of 2020.  This revelation sent me to an internet search where I found the following from the Port Townsend Leader.

With a population of less than 10,000 in Port Townsend, I'm afraid this is our man

Thats really sad. I personally searched for an obituary. Emrys always had something funny and entertaining to say. Guy always put a smile on my face. It was strange to be on these forums and not see him posting around.

Very sad news.  :(

6 hours ago, benpark said:

Great to read your words, Michael. Get well.

Sadly Michael wrote those words back in April of 2020, check the link in this post:

12 hours ago, Rake said:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...