Area Target Behavior ?

I have been noticing for some time now that when a unit is given area fire orders , they do not stop engaging "the area" if a more significant/closer threat should be spotted.They ignore the closer more ,ominous threat to themselves and concontinue area firing through out the turn.

Can you be more clear as to where you are seeing this. Even though its the same engine in all of the games, it does not really mean the problem is in all of them , even if what you are seeing is true.

I have noticed this behavior at times. But I am afraid I have also noticed the unit ignore area fire and take on important targets as one would expect.

So again without pinning down the issue, testing it and proving it is reoccurring way more than it should , you have not provided anything of value.

But the insight might be a correct one, but it needs something more solid to make a effort on. As I have said, I have seen it myself. but not enough to think it was a issue.