cm installation files

ishfar94

Hi, 

Quick question. Do i need to keep a hold of the installation files for the games? I might get a new machine in the near future so is there any point in keeping the installation files (and hog up space in my current machine) or can i redownload the files any time i want?

• 3 weeks later...

Richard McMahon - How did you get your 'activation code' ? I assume you were sent an email with it. Were there any download links within that email ?

If your email doesn't provide a link, then you can go to your Battlefront Store account (http://www.battlefront.com) and click the Login button in the upper right. You should have created an account when you purchased the game with your  Username being your email address. If you don't remember your password, you can reset it with the link just below the login boxes.

Once logged into your account go to the 'My Orders' link and in here it should list all of your purchases. On the far right of the order listing will be a link, 'Click to view' that will show your order details. Within here will be a download link to the Sharefile server that has your download. Click the checkbox in the upper left of the icon of the download you want. Make sure to get the correct version, since you may see both a Mac and a Windows/PC download. The download may default to a name of 'files.zip' and you'll need to extract it with either your OS (Windows) or a program (7-zip or others). With these extracted files you should be able to install the game. The game will require to install some of its data files in your 'user account' directory. So if you were intending to install on a different drive than your boot drive, some files will still end up on your boot drive (where the 'user' directory is usually located at).

For licensing I'm not sure how the Big Bundle licensing works. You may need to license the base game and all of the modules separately, but possibly with the same activation code/license key. Usually just launching the game once will bring up the license dialog box. This should allow you to license the base game, but pay close attention to the 'success box' that shows you green boxes for what has been licensed. With your Big Bundle there may be listings for '3.0 Upgrade', '4.0 Upgrade', 'Commonwealth', 'Market Garden', 'Vehicle Pack' and 'Battle Pack' and maybe 'Base Game' (I can't recall the exact list). If something is NOT activated it will appear as either a dim/greyed out box or not appear at all. Only the bright green boxes indicate what is currently activated. If only one or a couple of the boxes come up bright green (for being successfully activated), then you will probably have to use the 'Activate Modules' shortcut that may be in your Start Menu group for Battlefront/Combat Mission Battle for Normandy to activate the rest of the modules and packs. Launching the Activate Modules shortcut you will need to provide your license key again (I assume it will be the same for all of the modules) and pay attention to what gets activated. Launch the shortcut again and provide the license key again. With several launchings of the Activate Modules shortcut you should eventually get to the point of activating all of your modules. When you launch CMBN it should show you all of the modules and packs that are activated with some icons in the lower left of the main menu screen when you launch the game initially.

Regarding the original question. In the past Battlefront had a limited download window (10 downloads or 1 year of access) due to bandwidth limitations from the file hosting provider. The current host provider doesn't charge for bandwidth or number of downloads (as far as I know) and there currently is NO LIMIT to access the downloads. However it is probably a good idea to have local copies in case accessing those downloads are problematic. Sometimes non-North American customers get slow download speeds for one reason or another. So having a local copy prevents such delays.If you don't have local drive space you can always copy the files to an USB flash drive (8+GB).

Edited by Schrullenhaft