Be Not The Anvil

9 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

Arrgghhh...the last gasp before....????  Before What?  What else could happen?  Shrapnel from the ammo cookoff nails our last two survivors?

B)  Very cool story, Bud.  Loving it!

Heinrich505

The last gasp before... 

A Minion invasion! Run! :P

9 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Dang, that is one epic whuppin'!  Thanks for all the work you put into entertaining all of us. 

It was brutal. A lot harder than I expected. But then @IanLis good at what he does. :)

9 hours ago, Freyberg said:

That was great! And it looks marvelous - thanks :)

Thank you, and thank you for the comments along the way. Nice to get some reactions and feedback. 

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Indeed. Great read and very entertaining. Thank you for all your work, Bud!

You’re welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Nice finale!

Literally fighting till the last men standing! :D

Yes, that was unexpected. I thought he had more infantry in the village. One minute we were fighting hard and then suddenly, you could hear the birds singing in the silence. 

So for those of you that read this I wanted to ask, how was the narrow perspective (one squad, very few big picture overviews)? Was it all confusing? Did the confusion seem right, given the story, or was it just annoying? Did the map with locations and page numbers on page 2 help?

How did you like the style - few text balloons and no onomatopoeia (“Boom, Bang, Pow”) and the comic had a lot more text in straightforward paragraphs, compared to my other comics.

How about the picture-in-picture panels? I wanted them to let me show a large shot, but also to be able to add additional shots that show more information and cover the main image where there is irrelevant info.

At some point I have to do what I think is best from a creator’s standpoint, but I am always interested in hearing constructive feedback, whether about what I asked above or anything else.

Edited by Bud Backer

1 hour ago, Bud Backer said:

Did the map with locations and page numbers on page 2 help?

Yes.  Very much.

How did you like the style - few text balloons and no onomatopoeia (“Boom, Bang, Pow”) and the comic had a lot more text in straightforward paragraphs, compared to my other comics.

Both ways work but I like this way better.  It seems more of a military fight than a fight between Batman and some rival.  

How about the picture-in-picture panels? I wanted them to let me show a large shot, but also to be able to add additional shots that show more information and cover the main image where there is irrelevant info.  

IMO this along with the map on page #2 is very useful.  

Good job.