Does Haiduk know...?

Wouldn't surprise me if a) he knew the year and b) where this once functional BMP-1 was converted to a K-Kill in an instant. Bonus points for unit. Not enough points available if he tells us the vehicle turret number! In any event, it's a fine study for our flame modders.

tumblr_ok5xgge0Xg1vimimeo1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Hah! You overestimate my capabilities %) There is not so much BMP-1 were lost in Donbas and such happen doesn't familiar to me.  So, quick research showed this is Ivory Coast civil war, the vehicle belonged to followers of president Gbagbo and was hit by French Gazelle helicopter during fighting over the capital Abidjan. But I don't know what exactly year, because there were several clashes 2004 and 2011.

By the way Ukrainians also participated in this war.  In 2011 two Ukrainian Mi-24P of UN peacemaking forces hit Gbagbo positions in Abidjan 

Edited by Haiduk

Bil,

Am not ruling out that he IDed the plant species and went from there!

Haiduk,

'Twas all in fun, but you sure delivered. That HOT sure made it so for that BMP-1. I note with keen interest those three flame revealing rents in the hull. Bizarre to read the Ukrainian military was there on the Ivory Coast of all places!

Regards,

John Kettler

On 3/13/2020 at 1:07 PM, John Kettler said:

Bil,

Am not ruling out that he IDed the plant species and went from there!

Haiduk,

'Twas all in fun, but you sure delivered. That HOT sure made it so for that BMP-1. I note with keen interest those three flame revealing rents in the hull. Bizarre to read the Ukrainian military was there on the Ivory Coast of all places!

Ahah, if I could ID the location by plants, my places should be detective agency or Bellingcat :) All much simplier. Lostarmour - no data - Google - images - burning BMP-1 (in Russian) - search this photo - find it - read the explainations - comparing them - search additional info - result. OSINT rules :)

Ukraine since 2003 is actively participating in UN missions in Africa. Liberia, Ivory Coast, DR Congo. Main part of these missions are our helicopters. There  are two separate helicopter detachments were created in different time for these missions. Mi-24, Mi-8, crews and land personnel substituted themselves by rotations, which didn't break even in 2014-2015. Our pilots is getting experience and good salary from UN budget, in several times more, than they get in Ukarine. Earlier (and maybe to this time) any serviceman, who wanted to get in rotation list had to pay a bribe 3000-5000 USD

Edited by Haiduk

• 4 weeks later...