Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

that was a fender amp??  I'll be darned.  I thought sure it was a Vox.  My Vox sounds just like it I thought.  I have an AC15 (modern) and guitar w P90s instead of humbuckers but sure sounds similar. 

Of course, this being a F&R thread, back to business.  Please oh please oh please let this ready for the rainy season (starts in earnest usually mid to late October).  Western Oregon can go weeks of endless cloudy/overcast and wet every day.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, danfrodo said:

that was a fender amp??  I'll be darned.  I thought sure it was a Vox.  My Vox sounds just like it I thought.  I have an AC15 (modern) and guitar w P90s instead of humbuckers but sure sounds similar. 

Of course, this being a F&R thread, back to business.  Please oh please oh please let this ready for the rainy season (starts in earnest usually mid to late October).  Western Oregon can go weeks of endless cloudy/overcast and wet every day.

That would only be possible if BF drops the strange habbit of pre-ordering, which is highly unlikely.

Oh, actually I no longer need F&R.  I have plenty right here in Oregon.  My wife's manager's house burned down.  She volunteered at local evacuation center, one shaking family came in had barely escaped as they were chased down the road by fire.  Air is horrific, especially last week, though today air is only "unhealthy" which is better than previous "hazardous".  I think I have had enough fire & rubble for now. 

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

Oh, actually I no longer need F&R.  I have plenty right here in Oregon.  My wife's manager's house burned down.  She volunteered at local evacuation center, one shaking family came in had barely escaped as they were chased down the road by fire.  Air is horrific, especially last week, though today air is only "unhealthy" which is better than previous "hazardous".  I think I have had enough fire & rubble for now. 

I can imagine. Horrible situation. Poor people who lose all their belongings. Puts the endless delay of fire and rubble indeed in perspective.

2 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Yikes. Here in Lake Oswego were still at the Hazardous level. Playing Combat Mission is usually a good way to escape from the world but that's hard to do with such ominous skies. Glad you're safe!

37 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Yikes. Here in Lake Oswego were still at the Hazardous level. Playing Combat Mission is usually a good way to escape from the world but that's hard to do with such ominous skies. Glad you're safe!

Here in New Hampshire the daylight is a dull orange from the smoke from the fires in the Western states. Kind of an eerie twilight all day.

Thanks everyone.

Please don't fall prey to the "simple solution" bull****, like it's all some easy fix -- that's just propaganda so that folks don't have to face the really difficult reality.  Like the lies told last year ("they won't release water from the resorvoirs" - lie; "they sent all the water to the ocean"-- lie).  Classic blame the victims stuff.

Western US had a dry & hot summer following a relatively dry winter.  And recently had very hot w abnormally low humidity, so perfect for fires.  Once fires got going we had many days of crazy strong east winds, driving the fire  -- we almost never get east winds this time of year, especially ones that strong.  Plus lots of lightning.  This is not due to negligence or some lack of effort, it's a natural disaster that came from a perfect storm of conditions.  CA already has a plan w forest service to clear dead wood out of 1 million acres a year (hundred of millions of dollars per year) -- except that there's 20 million acres to clear, at least -- so many years and many BILLIONS of dollars (and that's just CA).  100 years of fire suppression, plus millions of dead trees (much of this due to warmer climate that has caused bug infestations), plus ridiculous weather, and we get catastrophic fires.  We always have summer fires, we don't always have this kind of catastrophe.

Commanderski:  orange skies in NH?  welcome to the club!  that is crazy you have smoke ~2000+ miles away.

And combat mission is indeed the only bright spot these days -- oh, that and football.

On 9/7/2020 at 1:11 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

Despite being decidedly mediocre for decades Bromley Dave and the Self-Publicists did hit the nail on the head with Rebel Rebel, the guitar riff still sounds great. And the lyrics, wow.

"Hot titties and worn out shoes. Barry Obama always sang the blues. Ribble valley, I kinda like your style. Ribble valley won't yer put it on trial?"

Please, can you continue this in another, appropriate thread? I would like to read about the game here.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, danfrodo said:

The waiting for this module has been ridiculously long. The delays countless and endless. The priority seems to have been low, although we are led to believe otherwise. My confidence in what we are told is nil. I'm too lazy to make a list of all promises and announcements concerning the expected time of release through the past few years, but I'm sure it's quite a list by now. Reminding BF about those promises often resulted in reactions of ridicule, irritation and hostility, but I'm past caring about that. The release dates of BF have become the laughingstock of wargaming sites like Wargamer.

Even now we've arrived in the autumn of 2020 we still know nothing about the period of release, apart from that it can go 'extremely fast' when all the work has been done. Which is basically the same story as we've been told in the beginning of the year. To me all this makes an impression of utter unreliability. Harsh words, but I have no others left for this company.

I'm truly amazed I'm one of the few people who's getting angry about all this. Perhaps it's just me and caring too much. I'm sure this will get me the usual Flak and I just don't care. Just finish the damn module!

Edited by Aragorn2002

Well I have been known to get angry at them, but delays are not really a reason. They will release it when they are done, and then I can decide if I want to spend my money on it, that is the extent of the interaction. Until it is out, I will find something else to occupy my free time.

Earlier this year in BF's Year Ahead Bone post they said "The inevitable question is… when will it be ready?  Winter 2020 is as specific as I think I can be at this point.  "   That was in January and was really in Winter 2019 and Winter 2020 hasn't arrived yet. In the meantime there are still lot's of scenario's and battles to play in their other games.

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm truly amazed I'm one of the few people who's getting angry about all this. Perhaps it's just me and caring too much. I'm sure this will get me the usual Flak and I just don't care. Just finish the damn module!

I feel you, Mr Strider. I was expecting it before Cyberpunk 2077. This holiday season is oversaturated with postponed games and I doubt that will be good for sales. However, it's a Catch 22: release the game early and people will complain too.

I'm not a fan of the fixation on Steam, so far into development. Yet, I think it is a use it or lose it scenario with the Slitherine offer. Usually companies ramp up promotional material as the release nears and there's been a long pause since the first AAR.

That's worrying for me, and potentially anyone else interested in the product. With the Steam stuff hopefully concluded, hopefully we'll see screenshots and AARs again. 

30 minutes ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

BFC has always delivered,...eventually. This won't be any different.

The sad thing is...after F & R is released we are still 10+ additional releases short of being able to play the whole (or better part of) the eastern campaign...

I will probably be an old, drewling man...wetting myself before that happens...😖

18 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

The sad thing is...after F & R is released we are still 10+ additional releases short of being able to play the whole (or better part of) the eastern campaign...

I will probably be an old, drewling man...wetting myself before that happens...😖

Perhaps that's what worries me most, the slow rate of release. After all Fire and Rubble is just a MODULE, and not even very different from the base game.