Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

On 5/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, Hapless said:

Concerning the central Soviet pixeltruppen in the top pic... is he carrying his platoon's soup canister on his back?

Or is that a poorly disguised flamethrower pack?

i think it's the soviet 'portable' 2way radio- they're a lot bigger than the allied or german equivalents .

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

3 hours ago, Hapless said:

In all likelihood it is a radio, yes. I just got overexcited about the possibility of a secret flamethrower.

That said... the box looks suspiciously similar to this:
138176.jpg.fbefaf851342d13641583fa9346921d1.jpg

What you get when you set your equipment quality to Poor. :D   (Because this is the internet -> That was a joke).

2 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

What you get when you set your equipment quality to Poor. :D   (Because this is the internet -> That was a joke).

Good thing about these is they can get wet and still work, and they never suffer from bad batteries. ^_^

31 minutes ago, Bud Backer said:

Good thing about these is they can get wet and still work, and they never suffer from bad batteries. ^_^

And should you be cut off from rations you can eat them.

Just been reading a book about Operation Columba:

The idea of using pigeons to gather intelligence was one of a number of responses to the difficulty of getting information out of Europe at the start of the Second World War. During the previous war, MI6 had employed couriers and passeurs to carry intelligence across enemy lines. It was dangerous work and many were caught and executed. The need for new means of communication led to some curious schemes, of which Operation Columba was among the more successful.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v41/n07/jon-day/operation-columba

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Either it's an optical illusion or those railroad tracks ...

Railroad track and stream tiles are different than the other road pieces. They fit together differently, can form broader curves and forks. But there's no X intersection pieces. because railroad tracks don't usually cross each other at right angles.

3 hours ago, Jumpete said:

Good luck Aragorn2002, I asked the same a week ago. I'm still waiting the answer.

They still haven't posted for pre-orders yet so it would be several months after they started taking the pre-orders.  More than likely Fall/Winter before module comes out.

2 hours ago, Commanderski said:

They still haven't posted for pre-orders yet so it would be several months after they started taking the pre-orders.  More than likely Fall/Winter before module comes out.

Pre-orders to release for Rome to Victory was 5 months.  For Shock Force 2 it was 4 months.  I'm thinking Christmas.  Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised...at Thanksgiving.