Jump to content
BFCElvis

Fire and Rubble Update

Recommended Posts

It's been a coupla/few weeks since an update was made and that's too long. I have good news and I have bad news........

The bad news. As some may have guessed (and if you don't know what I'm referring to I invite you to explore the whole forum and you'll see what I mean....yes...I am being purposely obtuse) our special project has taken away assets that would otherwise be devoted to getting this module to you guys. That will end (for a while) in the next few weeks allowing full focus to be on this module. 

The good news is that it hasn't taken all of the assets and things have not stopped moving forward.  The number of stand alone battles continues to grow. The campaigns are very far along and waiting for final TO&E to be finished. The only major formations that haven't been added are the Partisans. If they were in you'd see them in the screenshots below. There are a couple of other nice surprises that I will post as soon as I can get them displayed the way that I want to present them (one thing in particular).

I'm not going to venture a guess on the release but "very soon" and "very very soon" are not where we're at. But we are at "soon". In the meantime, here are a few things that you haven't seen before. Anyone know what they are?

 

Brrrr.png

SS2.png

ss3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the logo with the flag. Is that an SU-100? I enjoyed them in CMBB. I hadn't noticed tanks sinking into the snow before - perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. The shadows in that last image, with blurred edges, look very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

...with blurred edges, look very nice.

Elvis has a better graphics card than me. ^_^

Yep, that's the new SU-100. The TC hasn't quite been moved to his proper position yet but hey, if the game was perfect we would'a released it already! Earlier today *someone* (I won't name names) was testing out SU-100s versus King Tigers on a long map. It really is fun to be back on the Russian front after spending so much time in Italy.

Edited by MikeyD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the first picture I also see protection against Panzerfauste on the T-34.

Not sure what you mean with Special Project. Was that the defence project? Not too happy with the new delay, but so be it. Getting more news on a regular base will ease the pain a little. Would also love to see some screenshots of the 234/4 and 251/22.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update. I've been playing a lot of RT quick battles, recently. Holding out hope for more QB maps, especially Large and Huge ones. Keep up the good work!

Special project? Must be CM3: Fulda Gap -- with a dynamic campaign, multi-threaded 64-bit engine and aircraft models! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Freyberg said:

I hadn't noticed tanks sinking into the snow before - perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

I set the ground to Deep Snow.

Quote

The shadows in that last image, with blurred edges, look very nice.

You'd laugh if you knew how long I worked that thing around until I found shadows that I thought looked really nice. "Maybe I should back it up a tiny bit more.....Almost...now forward a touch.....I wonder if moving it to the right a little would look better......." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

On the first picture I also see protection against Panzerfauste on the T-34.

Here's another angle to show them a little better (just not as artsy of a shot). I haven't used one of these guys yet but I have heard reports on fausts bouncing off of the "bed springs".

 

(Also, you'll notice in this that the TC isn't positioned correctly yet...as with the SU-100.That's why they're called Betas)
 

different angle.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I'm not going to venture a guess on the release but "very soon" and "very very soon" are not where we're at. But we are at "soon". In the meantime, here are a few things that you haven't seen before. Anyone know what they are?

 

He said "very very soon"!!!
😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

are you allowed to elaborate about what that is? is it something we can purchase in the future ?

I mentioned it all that I was comfortable mentioning it. There is a thread someone posted about it around here somewhere and Steve confirmed it though. And, no,, it is not something that you will be able to purchase in the future. Unless you are Queen Elizabeth or Boris Johnson. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know the Bullingdon Bull****ter purchases his BJs from someone other than Lizzie Saxe-Coburg und Gotha. Of course, I could be wrong. In the meantime any updates on the new RT module are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

...You'd laugh if you knew how long I worked that thing around until I found shadows that I thought looked really nice. "Maybe I should back it up a tiny bit more.....Almost...now forward a touch.....I wonder if moving it to the right a little would look better......." 

Oh, I know. That's the way I am with my screenshots. You probably know it, but a good trick for maxing screenie detail is to frame your shot, zoom in all the way, make sure you're on best graphic settings, and then back out just enough to get the frame you wanted again. I find that allows more detail to stay in the shot than the normal method. For example, defoliated trees that would normally lose their branches at a certain view distance will keep them longer if you use the above technique. I use it for all my screenshots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macisle said:

Oh, I know. That's the way I am with my screenshots. You probably know it, but a good trick for maxing screenie detail is to frame your shot, zoom in all the way, make sure you're on best graphic settings, and then back out just enough to get the frame you wanted again. I find that allows more detail to stay in the shot than the normal method. For example, defoliated trees that would normally lose their branches at a certain view distance will keep them longer if you use the above technique. I use it for all my screenshots.

There is actually a key that you can hit to give the best LODs (level of detail) but I can't for the life of me remember what key it is. When Phil was with us he told me about what I was doing one of the Beta AARs. He is apparently the only one who knew it and is gone now. But pressing the key does exactly what you're describing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Can we get some pics of the Volksturm units?

Nope. Not right now. There are graphics that are complete but are not in the current build yet. In the current build they look like NVA. And we're not doing a Vietnam game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...