Hi enjoying Combat mission WW2 titles.  I however spend most of my time in the Editor making up fictional battles. I would like to make a battle witn 10,000 pts per side. But in order to do this accurately I have noticed there doesn't seem to be a Points or rarity purchasing screen, or am I missing something. If there is none available it seems to quite an emission...Considering how well  the game and the editor is put together.

I suppose I could keep switching back and forth from the quick battles editor, but it seems a very slow way of doing things. Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has a workaround.

Thanks for reading

Edited by StefanKollers

3 hours ago, StefanKollers said:

there doesn't seem to be a Points or rarity purchasing screen, or am I missing something.

No points.  In the editor, on the unit purchase screen over to the right of the equipment it will have the rarity level.  Standard, Common, Uncommon, Limited, Rare or Unique. 

However, this rarity level can change.  A vehicle might be limited in April 1944 but then be common in August 1944..........  

Thanks for replying. I cannot say  I noticed the rarity level, will look out for that in future. I also had a look in the game files thinking there maybe a list detailing the cost of units.

I doubt I would ever try to do a spreadsheet, because it would be so complicated. I doubt that anyone just buys a Battalion without cutting sections out, IE trucks or jeeps or or other items. I reckon most people tailor a Formation to their own preferences.

I may well go into QBattles screen and just get a ball-park figure, or just do as I have been doing and just add units Adhoc and try to a balanced battle that way. Although I never make my battles easy, they are usually huge which ends up with fighting right across the map.

Anyway thanks again, I would hope in the future Battlefront do add a unit Purchasing screen to the Editor at some point, probably"just a patch" but then I'm not an expert and I would hope they carry on with the new modules, both of which I'm looking forward to.

Edited by StefanKollers