Heaven & Earth - "Open Beta"

37mm

Heaven & Earth, the "Vietnam-esque" Super-mod, is still very much a work in progress but I think we're now at a stage where we can start an 'open beta'.

Enjoy & don't hesitate to give the team some feedback.

The download link (includes the manual)...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ij3gj4f3qmosjny/H%26E_0.96.7z/file

The manual only (for those who just wish to peruse) link...

http://download1979.mediafire.com/t2e7pgu84vqg/9vrw3i18q5qpydf/H%26E+0.96+Manual.pdf

The kind of stuff that you can expect...

Content includes...

• Two "Bong-Hai Civil War" Era Campaigns (one original 15 mission campaign by @puje and a 7 mission "conversion" campaign by myself).
  • Eleven "Bong-Hai Civil War" Era scenarios (all "conversions").
  • Nine Modern Era scenarios (one original scenario by @Sgt.Squarehead and eight simple conversions by myself).
  • Three Quick battle map conversions by @Combatintman.

Installation & set-up

The Heaven & Earth modpack is designed for CMSF2 version 2.02, it is advised that you use no other mods alongside Heaven & Earth as it is a complete package with a unique UI, sounds, scripts, special effects, vehicle's & weapons... many of which are swapped by the use of tags.

Place the mod pack into your empty mod folder in C:\Users\user\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\User Data

Place the contents of the scenario folder into your scenario folder in C:\Users\user\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\Game Files

Place the contents of the campaign folder into your campaign folder in C:\Users\user\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\Game Files

Place the contents of the map folder into your map folder in C:\Users\user\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\Game Files

In terms of settings, because Heaven & Earth maps are often more complex than the desert maps of CMSF2, you may find it useful to slightly reduce your '3d Model Quality' settings... 'Balanced' or 'Improved' should be sufficient for smooth gameplay. Remember you can change your '3d Model Quality 'in-game using Shift+[ & Shift+]. You can also toggle shadows with Alt+W.

Some of the newly created objects may look odd with shaders off. Alt+R will toggle your shaders in-game.

Brilliant mate - I'll finish my two scenarios by the end of March to keep my promise - exceptional leadership on your part to both start this project and bring it to fruition and this would be nothing without the contribution of the modders who have done a simply stunning job.  Bloody well done mate and everybody else out there who put the hard yards in.

Africa next … you know it makes sense … 😉

3 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Brilliant mate - I'll finish my two scenarios by the end of March to keep my promise.

Thank you for the kind words.

The delay is probably beneficial, I suspect the improved [hotlz] tag that comes with 0.96 (check out the Counter Ambush conversion) would allow you to better realize your vision for Ap Bac.

I was very surprise of the amazing content of this zip file, this job look like a full new Combat Mission Game, with already more modules included.

The time to waiting was very worthy and everybody's will have a funny moment to discovers all this content, and with this release BF Staff can now be sure to have some potential experimented peoples behind them.

Thank you to all that have participated to this, included ours experts in the 3d mods that let us  somes  of the keys from Blender.

Probably later, much later, we will ask to make a little jump in the Africa theatre and in same way Fulga 85...

CM series seem to dont have any limits, without loosing any fun and concerving his very appreciated game systems, that only BF Staff have the keys.

Who know if they will not including one FPS one day or reduce the section by one man one(s) weapon(s) in the future ...

Wow, absolutely wonderful job on this mod. Thank you for you hard work and dedication to this project. This is almost like a whole new game. The possibilities are endless with this. I'm looking forward to some of the other scenario designers out there to make some Vietnam missions or even some Pacific theater missions! Again, thank you for this, it looks great. Can't wait to give it a go....

E

4 hours ago, ebphoto said:

Wow, absolutely wonderful job on this mod. Thank you for you hard work and dedication to this project. This is almost like a whole new game. The possibilities are endless with this. I'm looking forward to some of the other scenario designers out there to make some Vietnam missions or even some Pacific theater missions! Again, thank you for this, it looks great. Can't wait to give it a go....

E

This might be the only way to get PTO for CM. 

I left my 'thank you' in the other thread, please bear with me.

If this is the right place for reporting bugs, I feel it's my duty to inform on someone... The quartermaster of C company seems to have stowed the wrong ammuniton into the trucks that left for FB Ladybird. There's no ammunition for the GPMGs. I suspect he, and the entire combat service support detachment of the division, might be working with the roundheads.

(Seriously, though, it bears repeating. What an awesome job you guys have done!)

Edited by hundtand

On 2/26/2020 at 2:58 AM, Combatintman said:

Africa next … you know it makes sense … 😉

Posted these in the screenshots thread some time ago but thought it might fit with that African theme..

Kivu Province; Congolese National Army T55 (ex-Ukraine) fires on rebels approaching Goma, 2008
Ilfochrome Paper

0674D602-228D-4CF9-86F0-1509CCE83365.thumb.jpeg.a8566825b353daa3b9d650c8ee35de16.jpeg

Katanga Province, Democratic Republic of Congo, 1978 
Kodachrome Pano Color Positive Film

49AF1061-D232-4794-A4F8-D3C0CBBEFDD7.thumb.jpeg.a992cd1c1e5a912ee2d46305bebcbacb.jpeg

3 hours ago, hundtand said:

If this is the right place for reporting bugs, I feel it's my duty to inform on someone... The quartermaster of C company seems to have stowed the wrong ammuniton into the trucks that left for FB Ladybird. There's no ammunition for the GPMGs. I suspect he, and the entire combat service support detachment of the division, might be working with the roundheads.

(Seriously, though, it bears repeating. What an awesome job you guys have done!)

Yes, the general lack of red GPMG ammo is a CMSF2 issue that has been reported & a fix (eventually) promised... also at the time we believed only APC's & IFV's carried such ammo.

Since then, we've realized uaz's do carry a little GPMG ammo (trucks don't carry any)... so until the issue is patched my advice would be to strip all GPMG ammo from any uaz's.

GPMG ammo is plentiful in the Urban campaign at least.

Edited by 37mm

On 3/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, hundtand said:

Hey, like they say, when a soldier stop complaining, it's because he's dead 😉

But yeah, it kind of sucks the trucks doesn't have any. However I did not want to clutter the base up with 5 more UAZs. 

Edited by puje

• 2 weeks later...

Africa and Fulda 1985?

If you do Africa, either the Chad/Libya fracas or the Angola mess would be able to use some of the existing Syrian textures.  South African (currently bugged, but due to be fixed) voices are in Rome to Victory.

1985 is a good year for 'What If' WW III.  Anything before, the Pact steamrolls the West.  Much after and the West's technology stops Ivan cold.  

Just dumped $125 into SF2.  You guys get the blame.🙃

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

'Failed' friendly casualties with 1 x KIA and 12 x WIA … flipping heck, that's one brutal victory condition ...

It's a conversion of a @Stagler USMC scenario so probably borrows the victory conditions from that... or perhaps I messed around with them & screwed 'em up somehow... still it is an eminently enjoyable little scrap.

• 1 month later...

Great campaign, I'm really enjoying it. Although I've just gotten to the "Lighting Strike" mission after "Stroll up the hill" and I can't seem to win that mission without it being a draw and subsequent fail for the whole campaign. The enemy always seem to have a "Friendly Bonus" of 20 points that I can't get rid of but there are no enemies left on the map. What am I doing wrong?!