PBEM Issue

SgtGold

I upgraded to WIN10 and am having an unusual file issue. The game is installed and running correctly. I can open and play all the games on my desktop. I played several turn based PBEM games with the same player, and now the game won't recognize the returning PBEM turn. I get the WIN 10 not syncing symbol next to the file in drop box, and when I drop it in the incoming e-mail folder it doesn't show up in the game menu. Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like an issue with Dropbox. How big is the latest file compared to previous PBEM files in this game ? I suspect it is quite a bit smaller and therefore corrupt (which means that CM won't recognize the file).

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox (assuming this was an in-place OS upgrade with all of the software remaining) ?

The game that won't load is larger than the previous PBEM games. To further complicate matters as a test I opened the scenario as a  new game on my system, saved it as PBEM, and sent it to the other player. The return file wouldn't load so it's a problem with the incoming file, not the outgoing file.

At this point is seems as if all PBEM files coming from your current opponent don't open ? You're both on the same version of the game, is that correct (which would seem to be the case since they can open the file that is sent to them) ? Are all of the files from your opponent showing a syncing issue in Dropbox ?

You or your opponent may want to make an exception within your security software for the Dropbox folders that are syncing the game files (and the Dropbox app). There's a slight chance that somehow security software may be corrupting/interfering with the file(s).

Here are some of Dropbox's suggestions on syncing issues:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/files-update-issues