Effective Ranges of Panzerfaust

33 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

I have been looking in the various manuals and saw that the effective range of the panzerfaust 30 is 30 meters.  I am assuming that the effective range of a panzerfaust 60 is 60 meters and a panzerfaust 100 is 100 meters.  Can anyone confirm this?  Thanks.

Yup, those are the ranges.

I recall an anecdote heard (in the series 'World At War'?). A young woman being trained as Volkssturm near war's end fires a Faust for the first time and scores a direct hit. But she also got a shower of propellant in the face. So every subsequent attempt she missed the target because she tended to flinch on firing. Faust can miss a VERY close range because their such unwieldy weapons. But with some luck and skill and a big enough target they can hit targets out to their max ranges of 30, 60 or 100m.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:40 PM, Erwin said:

Thought we were talking effecting and useful ranges in the CM2 game.  

Using a target arc as an example where max distance was preferred. In CM2 for panzerfausts I would not use anything less than the max effective range for a target arc for a Pz30 to Pz60. Simply because I've had a fair bit of success doing this. I don't do this for the panzerfaust 100m or a panzershrek. If I was setting an arc for those, it would be 75m and 150m respectively.

As mike said, luck and skill. If you can afford the shot we've all seen that arcing tracer heading for our tank from 200 meters... No! And on occasion the panzerfaust guy who flubs his shot at 15 meters.  

For stationary. In real life there is absolutely no way, at any range you are going to hit a target on the move with a faust like a sherman let alone a stuart/jeep/m8 greyhound. It's not like a bazooka or panzerschrek and panzerfausts have wildly high arcs, and slow velocity i don't think they have a compensation for target movement as well.

Edited by user1000

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2020 at 12:49 AM, rocketman said:

So the faust 60 has a sight for 80m 😯

Is it possible to extend max range and get hits in game?

Yes, they can. I saw it happen the other day. A crack level trooper walking along using MOVE command spotted an enemy tank and took it out with a Panzerfaust 60 at about 85m range. I was quite surprised.

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

A crack level trooper walking along using MOVE command spotted an enemy tank and took it out...

It's also impressive what troops can do when moving QUICK and reacting with "initiative".  Have seen AT teams ordered to QUICK move spot an AFV in range, stop and kill it and then continue.  I didn't realize they could also do that using MOVE.  (But that may be that I never use MOVE when there is any chance of enemy contact.)  Moving FAST, troopers are not supposed to do anything else but attempt to continue to the next waypoint without stopping.  Not sure what a trooper can do with own initiative when moving SLOW.  Anyone seen initiative from a SLOW mover?

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Not sure what a trooper can do with own initiative when moving SLOW.  Anyone seen initiative from a SLOW mover?

Yes, they can also decide to fire off a Faust. But their chances of spotting are lower, because they are crawling around. More stuff blocks their LOS.