Purchased New 1.0 upgraded to 1.32 (No Activation Code)

Just recently purchased a new physical version CMSF1, 1.0, came with the booklet and map, played 1.0, base install and everything was fine, until I downloaded the patches to 1.32. Afterwards, I was locked out of the game, it was requesting an E License key, which the physical version 1.0 doesn't come with, think this changed with the shipment of version 1.2, IIRC. Now, I've got a coaster. Submitted a ticket for an activation code, though have to say this process is frustrating to say the least. Anyone else experience/experiencing this?

Edited by philstat

You purchased another distributor's version of CMSF (Paradox). That version required unique patches (due to the different copy-protection). When you installed the 1.32 patch, you installed the Battlefront version of the patch that uses eLicense for the copy-protection and therefore required an eLicense license key. Paradox/Gamersgate published its last patch as 1.20. You had to purchase either the 1.21 patch (for US$5.00 at the time, if I recall correctly) OR you purchased one of the modules, which then converted you to using the Battlefront patches. On top of that the 1.32 patch is NOT cumulative. You had to install other patches before installing the 1.32 patch.

Your fix is to delete/uninstall your current CMSF installation and then reinstall from the DVD again. You need to figure out if it is a Gamersgate (I believe those may have been just downloads) or Paradox (most likely) distribution. Download the CMSF1 (v1.20 Retail Only Patches) (just the Paradox one, most likely) and install that. This will bring you up to version 1.20, the last Paradox/Gamersgate patch (Paradox's decision, not Battlefront's).

I'm not sure what sort of offers there are with upgrading from the retail version to CMSF2. The sales website only mentions Battlefront copies being capable of the upgrade (requiring the previous eLicense license key). Support may have an offer for an upgrade, but you would probably have to purchase the CMSF2 modules at the listed (new, rather than 'upgrade') prices.

16 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

I'm not sure what sort of offers there are with upgrading from the retail version to CMSF2. The sales website only mentions Battlefront copies being capable of the upgrade (requiring the previous eLicense license key). Support may have an offer for an upgrade, but you would probably have to purchase the CMSF2 modules at the listed (new, rather than 'upgrade') prices.

What I've been doing for folks that have a Paradox version of the base game is issuing them a Battlefront key with proof of purchase. If they own any modules I shoot them a new key (who would buy the modules if they didn't own the base game, right?). If they only own the retail base game I ask for a photo of the case with a note showing their name and/or date and use that as proof of purchase.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:25 PM, BFCElvis said:

What I've been doing for folks that have a Paradox version of the base game is issuing them a Battlefront key with proof of purchase. If they own any modules I shoot them a new key (who would buy the modules if they didn't own the base game, right?). If they only own the retail base game I ask for a photo of the case with a note showing their name and/or date and use that as proof of purchase.

Appreciate it, definitely worked for me and I ended up buying the upgrade and all of the modules!