Problem with splash screen text

Using the mac version. Just came back to game.  Downloaded base game - no problem. Downloaded .02 upgrade and multiple scenarios.

Booted and game and splash screen came up with words jumbled. Looks like english with over written french or something. They still work - check language and it's english in options. Any ideas. It kills my eyes.

Edited by coachjohn

Your version is 4.02 after the patch (seen in the lower right corner of the splash screen), is that correct ? Was this a recent purchase or an old purchase that you've downloaded ? I'm not certain if the latest downloads would already be at 4.02 or not (making the 4.02 patch unnecessary).

What Mac do you have and what MacOS version are you running ? Usually this sort of issue is seen on PCs with either Intel video chips (due toe their drivers - an unchangeable situation) or GeForce videocards with a FXAA setting that needs to be disabled. On the Mac however, I'm not sure what causes this issue, especially since there are almost no controls for the video image quality and the Intel drivers under MacOS don't suffer the same problems to my knowledge as the PC/Windows does.

Some text mods cause problems with the text, but this sounds like a completely fresh install with no previous install being present. Sometimes missing patches/data files cause strange names, like modern equipment names instead of WW2 equipment names, etc.