Sales-Discounts How Often?

Prices will drop if a title is years and year old. CM: Afghanistan is just 25 bucks. But that's the last remaining BFC title that's not still 'active' for patches, upgrades, packs, modules and customer support. The old Shock Force 1 had been discounted too but that product was allowed to die after the drastically upgraded CMSF2 was introduced.

Thanks for the responses, for now, just going to stick with CMBS, kind of like the setting better any ways. I bought CMSF1 on DVD, because I thought it would have a code to download the game, instead you have to use the disc which is unfortunate, I don't have a drive. Saw on these forums where it supposedly comes with a code on the CD case, definitely not the case - I purchased it brand new.

19 minutes ago, philstat said:

Thanks for the responses, for now, just going to stick with CMBS, kind of like the setting better any ways. I bought CMSF1 on DVD, because I thought it would have a code to download the game, instead you have to use the disc which is unfortunate, I don't have a drive. Saw on these forums where it supposedly comes with a code on the CD case, definitely not the case - I purchased it brand new.

If you have a copy of CMSF1 that you bought then you should qualify for the special upgrade price. I recommend contacting support with you info and see what the process is.

Thanks guys, opened a ticket tonight, I recently purchased a new physical version of CMSF1, version 1.0 with the booklet and map. I played the game today and it worked fine, I installed patches to 1.32 and now it's asking for an E License Key, which the version I have does not come with a key, it's playable at 1.0 though not when patched due to the activation requirement. Requesting a key from support, then I plan to upgrade to CMSF2. Thanks for the responses.

My take you will not want to play CMSFx after CMBS :) It feels like being teleported ten years back with very rudementary TacAI reactions. Though having CMSF1 and not upgrading it to CMSF2 is kinda lame now IMO. Upgrade price is really modest if you compare it to an all-new purchase.

4 hours ago, IMHO said:

My take you will not want to play CMSFx after CMBS :) It feels like being teleported ten years back with very rudementary TacAI reactions. Though having CMSF1 and not upgrading it to CMSF2 is kinda lame now IMO. Upgrade price is really modest if you compare it to an all-new purchase.

I ended up upgrading to CMSF2 with all of the expansions, though CMBS is still my favorite of the two, just wanted to own and play both.