Jump to content
philstat

Sales-Discounts How Often?

Recommended Posts

How often does this entire bundle go on a really good sale, would like to buy it though the price point seems to be fairly significant? Thanks.

https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/cmsf2-big-bundle/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battlefront don't do sales, although I think a couple of titles got reduced in price over the years, but if you're expecting Black Friday deals, New Year sales, summer clear out sale etc, it ain't gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices will drop if a title is years and year old. CM: Afghanistan is just 25 bucks. But that's the last remaining BFC title that's not still 'active' for patches, upgrades, packs, modules and customer support. The old Shock Force 1 had been discounted too but that product was allowed to die after the drastically upgraded CMSF2 was introduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses, for now, just going to stick with CMBS, kind of like the setting better any ways. I bought CMSF1 on DVD, because I thought it would have a code to download the game, instead you have to use the disc which is unfortunate, I don't have a drive. Saw on these forums where it supposedly comes with a code on the CD case, definitely not the case - I purchased it brand new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, philstat said:

Thanks for the responses, for now, just going to stick with CMBS, kind of like the setting better any ways. I bought CMSF1 on DVD, because I thought it would have a code to download the game, instead you have to use the disc which is unfortunate, I don't have a drive. Saw on these forums where it supposedly comes with a code on the CD case, definitely not the case - I purchased it brand new.

If you have a copy of CMSF1 that you bought then you should qualify for the special upgrade price. I recommend contacting support with you info and see what the process is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IanL said:

If you have a copy of CMSF1 that you bought then you should qualify for the special upgrade price. I recommend contacting support with you info and see what the process is.

Absolutely do this - CMSF2 has heaps of community content and still growing ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, opened a ticket tonight, I recently purchased a new physical version of CMSF1, version 1.0 with the booklet and map. I played the game today and it worked fine, I installed patches to 1.32 and now it's asking for an E License Key, which the version I have does not come with a key, it's playable at 1.0 though not when patched due to the activation requirement. Requesting a key from support, then I plan to upgrade to CMSF2. Thanks for the responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take you will not want to play CMSFx after CMBS :) It feels like being teleported ten years back with very rudementary TacAI reactions. Though having CMSF1 and not upgrading it to CMSF2 is kinda lame now IMO. Upgrade price is really modest if you compare it to an all-new purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IMHO said:

My take you will not want to play CMSFx after CMBS :) It feels like being teleported ten years back with very rudementary TacAI reactions. Though having CMSF1 and not upgrading it to CMSF2 is kinda lame now IMO. Upgrade price is really modest if you compare it to an all-new purchase.

I ended up upgrading to CMSF2 with all of the expansions, though CMBS is still my favorite of the two, just wanted to own and play both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a feeling that would happen.  ;)

TBH I'm more of a CM:SF2 man myself, there's just so many options to choose from, especiially when you factor in all the mods.....Black Sea needs a module or two before it will be in the same league on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...