Courage Conquers campaign - halftrack drivers

Not sure if anything can be done about this but here goes. I understand that the conditions of this campaign are no replacements and no repairs between missions.

Bottom Line Up Front: I got some core unit halftracks as normally scheduled reinforcement groups in the second mission of the campaign and when they appeared on the battlefield the halftracks had no drivers.

During the first mission of Courage Conquers campaign, I embarked some units onto halftracks that were not part of their organic platoon transport (i.e. - they were halftracks from a different platoon and just happened to be parked near some infantry I wanted to load up). I do not recall whether or not those particular halftracks did or did not have drivers when I embarked the units onto them, they may have been unoccupied with no drivers. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

The mission ends unexpectedly with total US victory before the time was up and I progress to the next scenario in the campaign. So far so good.

Fast forward into the second mission and when the same platoon of infantry shows up as a reinforcement group, they appear on the map all mounted on halftracks as I would expect. The problem was that some of the halftracks were showing "disembarked" status with no inherent driver present, even though there were other infantry units embarked on the halftracks. These "disembarked" halftracks were not lighting up as being part of the same platoon as the embarked units, but due to their "disembarked" status there was no other info on what platoon the halftracks actually belonged to. 

I get it that there are no reinforcements or replacements, but it seems to me that to eliminate this problem, halftracks and other transport should still be re-crewed with drivers between missions to keep driverless transports from morphing into the next scenario. Is there any way to fix this or is it something I just have to deal with? If not then I think I would have rather received the infantry replacements in dismounted mode rather than inside a halftrack that isn't going anywhere for lack of a driver. Or is there a way to re-crew with a driver from an infantry unit? I had no luck with that in-game.

5 hours ago, apd1004 said:

These "disembarked" halftracks were not lighting up as being part of the same platoon as the embarked units, but due to their "disembarked" status there was no other info on what platoon the halftracks actually belonged to.

I believe that is normal for a vehicle that is present on the map without its crew, they could well actually be from the same platoon.....The C2 connection is to the crew rather than the vehicle itself.

5 hours ago, apd1004 said:

I get it that there are no reinforcements or replacements, but it seems to me that to eliminate this problem, halftracks and other transport should still be re-crewed with drivers between missions to keep driverless transports from morphing into the next scenario. Is there any way to fix this or is it something I just have to deal with?

The problem here is (I believe) that the campaign script for replacements here either affects the whole core force, or none of it.....The designer isn't able to specify which units are reinforced and which are not.

A way round this might be to remove all half-tracks in the core file itself, then add them as needed in the individual scenarios as non-core units attached to the core force.  The downside of this however is that your half-tracks are now immortal and that they will be filled to the brim with ammo on each mission (the latter can be mitigated with the supply setting to some extent).

• 5 weeks later...