506th PIR AARs found!

One of my CoC colleagues said he couldn't find any, but it wasn't hard at all to fix that problem. Here's the link to all the ones the WW II 506th PIR part of the 506th Infantry site had. Covers from Normand through the end of the war, with several other types of reports as well.

http://506infantry.org/library/official-documents/wwii-506th-parachute-infantry-regiment/

Regards,

John Kettler

Hattastic!  :P

I'd love to see how you got on with the various mapping tools we have.....Trust me it's not even a bit like regular CM:SF2, some of the mods have quirks that can be used to get 'two for one' from your tiles (adding Brush changes the appearance of a few of them radically, especially when some of the tags are active).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Oh, I know- I've been monkeying with this stuff for a long time- the tool is great. After the RT module is out, I'll jump into that particular modding conversation- but you guys are doing great stuff (I have half an eye on that thread when able).

One bit I saw groggily this morning- Getting the helicopter thing to work should be fairly straightforward (never "easy!)- model goes at the height desired above the game "table", rotors get animated- and if it is a vehicle, it can move. The trick is to see how the ground guys react, and how outgoing/incoming fire is handled due to various heights. I think it will be OK, as we have multi-story buildings. And I don't see any way of getting it to land or change altitude, but  haven't spent time on the problem. Maybe possible, but that's the one main issue I can see.

Edited by benpark

I reckon we're pretty close to making the mod public.....RL stuff interfered with my input for a while (and still is to a lesser extent) so I'm behind with my mini-campaign and we've hit an interesting, hopefully solvable snag with @puje's full-scale campaign.  For some reason Red isn't being awarded points for Occupy Objectives in some scenarios set on my delta map, yet apparently it works properly in other scenarios on the same map.  The problem appears to persist even when the mod is removed and the scenario fired up in a stock game.

Any thoughts?

20 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I reckon we're pretty close to making the mod public.....RL stuff interfered with my input for a while (and still is to a lesser extent) so I'm behind with my mini-campaign and we've hit an interesting, hopefully solvable snag with @puje's full-scale campaign.  For some reason Red isn't being awarded points for Occupy Objectives in some scenarios set on my delta map, yet apparently it works properly in other scenarios on the same map.  The problem appears to persist even when the mod is removed and the scenario fired up in a stock game.

Any thoughts?

That was a problem in CMSF after one of the later patches - your map wasn't originally created in CMSF and ported across to CMSF2 by any chance?