2 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Another advantage of tank riding is the increase of the number of mk I eyeballs on an AFV. Helpful in detecting ambushes, which became more common with HEAT launchers and defensive posture.

Of course that could rapidly become a disadvantage, if the guys with the HEAT launchers are paying more attention than the guys on the tank.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:34 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

+1   A CM title that includes both Western forces and the Soviets would fantastic IMO.  My hope is that the last release for CMFB will be an equipment pack introducing Soviet forces/equipment into CMFB.  Call it meeting on the Elbe River or something.  Then the US, Commonwealth and Soviets would all be in the same Combat Mission game.   No BFC created scenarios would be needed.  Just an equipment pack of already designed equipment ported over from CMRT.  Scenario designers and mod creators could do all kinds of cold war, neo-colonialism stuff.  Patton goes east 1945, Fulda Gap 1948, Korea, Suez Crisis, etc.    Just put them in the same game.  

Would be an instant buy for me.

Would Germans-only tank riding be a fair compromise for CMBN and FI?

It seems like the Allies mostly rode tanks on the way to the jump-off point where as the Germans sometimes rode them into combat. Of course by 1945, the Western Allies rode tanks as SOP.

AyzNt7R.png

ZMEfiVD.png