The Year Ahead Bone Post

6 hours ago, t34577685 said:

In 2014 ,after we play the cmrt for several days,some player and I found the actived key were all the same.We gave 10+ times money,and only one key?! So we asked the friend in America,he said it seems only one key in one account ,no matter how many times the money.From that time ,I found the exist of the account in bfc.com and game binding with it.

It may have changed recently (I'll try to find out today) but the system was set up such that if you purchased 10 copies the key came with 10 times the number of activations...not 10 seperate keys. That is only if you purchased multiple copies in the same order. If you made 10 individual purchases you'd have 10 keys. Here is the Knowledgebase article about it:

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127854

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

It may have changed recently (I'll try to find out today) but the system was set up such that if you purchased 10 copies the key came with 10 times the number of activations...not 10 seperate keys. That is only if you purchased multiple copies in the same order. If you made 10 individual purchases you'd have 10 keys. Here is the Knowledgebase article about it:

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127854

thanks,so that explain the question

• 4 weeks later...

Since I'm here, a little update on where things are at with Fire & Rubble.  Slightly delayed is the short answer.

The longer answer is we have been sidetracked by an immediate need for our contract with the British MoD.  They have a fiscal year ending and that always means rushing to get stuff done with money in hand before it goes *poof* at the end of the year.  The work they requested has to be finished by the end of March and so we've switched over to that as our primary focus for the last 3-4 weeks and for the rest of March.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean Fire & Rubble is on hold the whole time.  No, not at all.  In fact, we'll be sending the testers a newly updated version early next week that (hopefully) gives them what they need to finish the campaigns and scenarios that they've been working on.  That includes a small number of vehicles that we were not originally planning on putting into Fire & Rubble.  Should I tell you what any of them are?  Nah... what would be the fun in that.  OK, OK, here's a hint...

What is yellow, can swim, and rhymes with Grimmfragen?

Answers can be submitted in writing on a 3x5 lined index card and mailed to our offices.  Thanks for playing!

Steve

53 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

...HOWEVER, this doesn't mean Fire & Rubble is on hold the whole time.  No, not at all.  In fact, we'll be sending the testers a newly updated version early next week that (hopefully) gives them what they need to finish the campaigns and scenarios that they've been working on.  That includes a small number of vehicles that we were not originally planning on putting into Fire & Rubble....

Thanks for the update. That's great news on the new vehicles!

Can you give us any word on potential paid upgrades over the next say, 6 months? My big CMRT project is on hold, waiting for the contents of CMFR. Knowing if an upgrade is in the pipeline would be very helpful going forward. If one hits within a few months of FR's release, I'd definitely want to integrate the features. I'd hate to wrap up the project, only to have an upgrade with useful features hit shortly after getting 'er out the door.

CMRT will not boast any new and interesting features when F&R comes out.  That isn't what Modules are for, that's what Upgrades are for.  The two are entirely separate.  At the moment there is no timetable for an Engine 5 Upgrade.  When an Upgrade comes out whatever content was made prior to it will work with it.  That's always the way we do things.  I can't think of any feature we've ever introduced into an Upgrade that isn't automatically backwards compatible or fairly easy to integrate.

Steve

13 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

In fact, we'll be sending the testers a newly updated version early next week that (hopefully) gives them what they need to finish the campaigns and scenarios that they've been working on

Do scenario authors get a free copy of the module?

14 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

The longer answer is we have been sidetracked by an immediate need for our contract with the British MoD.  They have a fiscal year ending and that always means rushing to get stuff done with money in hand before it goes *poof* at the end of the year.  The work they requested has to be finished by the end of March and so we've switched over to that as our primary focus for the last 3-4 weeks and for the rest of March.

You're working with the British MoD??  Can you elaborate on that?

5 hours ago, Jaime said:

Do scenario authors get a free copy of the module?

Testers get a free copy, or more specifically dozens of free copies (most of which don't work or are incomplete ;) ).  Scenarios and Campaigns are usually built by our testers, sometimes by staff.  Depends.

4 hours ago, Andy_101 said:

Sure.  It's been mentioned a little here and there, but we've not made a big deal about it because we really can't say too much about it.  We're making a customized version that includes tools to better integrate CM into an R&D environment.  This can help answer questions like "what if we gave every rifleman a MG, would that impress the chicks more?"  Or do the Brits still say "birds" in this era of Me Too? :)

Seriously, though, there's all kinds of ways Combat Mission can help prove/disprove various theories about weaponry, how they are organized, and how they are used.  Since we don't have security clearance for those sorts of discussions we have to give them the tools to experiment without us being involved.

And no, those features will NOT be coming into your hands.  They're paying for it, they own it (so to speak).

Steve

4 hours ago, Andy_101 said:

I'll elaborate a tiny bit more than Steve, for clarity. The beta testers are not part of the special project. They have been going full bore on making and testing scenarios. Where it affects their progress is waiting for the last few pieces of the TO&E and the speed of new builds that contain fixes. There are currently 18 stand alone battles being worked on (I guess that is a bone of sorts) and @benpark has told me that he is rat-holing a few more. So, progress is going on every day. 

31 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I'll elaborate a tiny bit more than Steve, for clarity. The beta testers are not part of the special project. They have been going full bore on making and testing scenarios. Where it affects their progress is waiting for the last few pieces of the TO&E and the speed of new builds that contain fixes. There are currently 18 stand alone battles being worked on (I guess that is a bone of sorts) and @benpark has told me that he is rat-holing a few more. So, progress is going on every day. 

The long and short of it is that it's new delay. Don't beat around the bush, guys. We all understand it's money, fair enough, but don't pretend that it's anything else than new delay.

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The long and short of it is that it's new delay. Don't beat around the bush, guys. We all understand it's money, fair enough, but don't pretend that it's anything else than new delay.

UUmmm,....That is unfair and insulting, mate. Neither of us are beating around the bush. I created an entire thread to let people know there is a delay and why. I'm not sure how that is beating around the bush. It's the opposite if you ask me. What I'm doing is trying to give folks an accurate, detailed and candid update on progress. As in "there has been a delay...this is what the delay entails...this is what the delay doesn't entail". This isn't the first time that I'm left thinking that perhaps less information is better.

No more follow up screenshots for you like that T34-85 I put up for you. 🙂