The Year Ahead Bone Post

I see a lot of odd stuff on the Help Desk. I think the CD cover that has given me the most entertainment over the years is this one. It was sent from someone saying they purchased it in a store in China and need a license key. They were upset with me when I wouldn't give them one.

Combat Mission.jpg

59 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I see a lot of odd stuff on the Help Desk. I think the CD cover that has given me the most entertainment over the years is this one. It was sent from someone saying they purchased it in a store in China and need a license key. They were upset with me when I wouldn't give them one.

LOL - do you think it really was a copy of your game? That cover doesn't even classify it correctly - says it's and FPS.

I found another cover image:

CMBBItaly.jpg.3a511aaa7c0cf148b741417e5a47db67.jpg

That's a Hungarian Flag so probably still not the Russian game cover. But I found it as the icon for this page:

http://wiki2.red/Combat_Mission:_Barbarossa_to_Berlin

Also did you guys know there was a book that covered strategy written for CMBB: https://www.amazon.com/Combat-Mission-Barbarossa-Berlin-Strategy/dp/B0063T9GZC

I didn't - cool!

51 minutes ago, IanL said:

I found another cover image:

CMBBItaly.jpg.3a511aaa7c0cf148b741417e5a47db67.jpg

That's a Hungarian Flag so probably still not the Russian game cover. But I found it as the icon for this page:

http://wiki2.red/Combat_Mission:_Barbarossa_to_Berlin

Also did you guys know there was a book that covered strategy written for CMBB: https://www.amazon.com/Combat-Mission-Barbarossa-Berlin-Strategy/dp/B0063T9GZC

I didn't - cool!

I totally forgot about that book. I just checked and I still have it...I would think that a lot of it is still relevant.  

1 hour ago, IanL said:

I didn't - cool!

Don't sue me if I'm wrong....It was 18 years ago...but I'm pretty sure that book was sold through Battlefront back in the day. Heck, I wonder if I have a case of them laying around. I've got almost a full case of CMBO manuals in French......So there's no telling what else I may have.

16 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Combat Mission.jpg

I saw some software store when I in collage since 2003 to 2007.and this kind of store sold cd such as this one in the picture.

The disc in this picture was clearly a fake, and some pirates had packaged it as if it were copyrighted software. I aslo played pirate CMBB sinice 2006-2008,sorry for that.

when from 2010 to 2014, we(about 10+ chinese player) give money to a friend who lived in USA,he helped me buy the CMSF,CMBN,CMFI,CMRT and DLC with them,because we did not how to buy the game self at that time. my friend give us the actived key to run the game. Through this time I still didn't know there are a account in bfc.com which the game key binding with it.I aslo register the fourm in 2006,and I thought there are only fourm account ,no store account.

In 2014 ,after we play the cmrt for several days,some player and I found the actived key were all the same.We gave 10+ times money,and only one key?! So we asked the friend in America,he said it seems only one key in one account ,no matter how many times the money.From that time ,I found the exist of the account in bfc.com and game binding with it.

Now I have a account in bfc.com and bought most of CM game besides cmsf2 and cma.Some key which bought through the friend's account were lose efficacy,so I bought the game again binding with my own account.

I aslo wait the DLC of CMRT for nearly 6 years.hope before the May in 2020.

1 hour ago, t34577685 said:

So we asked the friend in America,he said it seems only one key in one account ,no matter how many times the money.From that time ,I found the exist of the account in bfc.com and game binding with it.

Sounds to me like your "friend" fleeced you all, guys. I have bought several copies of some BFC games to give as gifts and I had one key per purchase.

Edited by BletchleyGeek

21 minutes ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Sounds to me like your "friend" fleeced you all, guys. I have bought several copies of some BFC games to give as gifts and I had one key per purchase.

yeah,maybe。

so I buy the game by myself now,I aslo don't want to find out which my friend said is right or wrong.