Mislabeling in the User Interface

This issue keeps coming up on the forums. When it happens the users see a game that seems to be bugged. But it is unnecessary IMHO. I think battlefront should consider adding a version check for the strings resource. Like a window popping up when it detects a outdated strings file and giving the obvious causes: 1)  outdated mods or 2) missing stock data. In that light: update the check for missing stock data files. The check is there in the games, but only half done. 

Or maybe battlefront people feel lonely sometimes and enjoy those repetitive support tickets. ;)

Why the hostility against my suggestion, which anyone is free to take or ignore? This is an issue that makes the game look bad when it arises. And in this case it is easier to solve with a bit of code then by forum and helpdesk, plus that the game would then never look bad in that way again. I could code such myself in a few hours, but it is not my game / job.

Edited by Kevin2k

You may need to d/l the latest full install .exe and do that.

To Kevin2k's point: There are so many mods now available and some do not work with more recent versions of the game, others become incompatible.  It's becoming a full-time job trying to test out mods to find out which still work and which need to be permanently deleted.

The only mod that affects string files is Vin's animated text. I don't see any problems with mods that change textures or sounds, which are 95% of mods for CM...

Of those that don't work, either they are named in an outdated manner or a new model on which the texture doesn't fit anymore came in. None of them create issues as bad as this. The problem is that it may as well be dark magic to those that don't mod, which is a shame because CM is very intuitive as far as modding goes.

Edited by Frenchy56